XAT 2013 is scheduled for 6 January 2013. It is a national level entrance examination conducted by Xavier Group of Institutions for admission in Management programs every year. The Xavier group is regarded as one of the very prestigious institutes. Find here the complete Solved XAT 2008 question paper. It had 120 questions in total divided in 3 sections.
Directions for question 8 to 12: Choose the appropriate words to fill in the blanks.
8. Mark Twain was responsible for many striking, mostly cynical ______, such as "Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest."
______can sometimes end up as _____, but rarely would someone use them as an______.
1) epitaphs, Epitaphs, epigrams, epigraph
2) epigraphs. Epigraphs, epitaphs, epigraph
3) epigrams, Epitaphs, epigrams, epigraph
4) epitaphs, Epitaphs, epigraphs, epigram
5) epigrams. Epigrams, epigraphs, epitaph
9. A candidate in the medical viva voce exam faced a tinge of intellectual _______when asked to spell the_____ gland. The fact that he carried notes on his person would definitely be termed as _____ by faculty, but may be termed as ______ by more generous sections of students.
1) ambivalence, prostrate, amoral, immoral
2) ambiguity, prostrate, amoral, immoral
3) ambivalence, prostrate, immoral, amoral
4) ambivalence, prostate, immoral, amoral
5) ambiguity, prostrate, immoral, amoral
10. It is not_____ democratic that the parliament should be _____ on issues and resort to passing ______ rather than have an open debate on the floor of the house.
1) quite, quite, ordinances
2) quite, quiet, ordnances
3) quiet, quite, ordnances
4) quite, quiet, ordinances
5) quiet, quiet, ordinances
11. In a case of acute _______, _________ membranes secrete excessive__________ .
1) sinus, mucous, mucous
2) sinus, mucus, mucous
3) sinus, mucous, mucus
4) sinusitis, mucus, mucous
5) sinusitis, mucous, mucus
12. If a person makes the statement: “I never speak the truth.” The person can be said to be____.
1) speaking the truth.
3) lying as well as speaking the truth
4) making a logically contradictory statement.
5) partially speaking the truth and partially lying.