Southern Railway Recruitment 2019: Southern Railway has published notification for the post of Apprentice for both Fresher and ITI. A total of 3429 vacancies are notified out of which 1654 vacancies are for Signal & Telecommunication Workshop, Podanur, Coimbatore, 1108 vacancies for Carriage & Wagon Works, Perambur and 667 for Central Workshop, Golden Rock.
Southern Railway Apprentice Recruitment will be done online through official website i.e. www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in. Eligible candidates who are the resident of the geographical jurisdiction of Southern Railway i.e. Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh Karnataka, Puducherry Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep can apply from 01 December to 31 December 2019.
Candidates seeking to apply for Southern Railway Apprentice for 3429 Posts should be 12th class passed and ITI Course in relevant trades from a recognized institution. Candidates can check more details on SR Apprentice Recruitment through the article below:
Last Date of Application - 31 December 2019 till 05:00 PM
Southern Railway Vacancy Details
Total Posts - 3429
- Signal & Telecommunication Workshop, Podanur, Coimbatore - 1654
- Carriage & Wagon Works - 1108
- Central Workshop, Golden Rock - 667
Eligibility Criteria for Apprentice Post
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Must have passed 10th class examination under 10 +2 system or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- Must have passed ITI Course in relevant trades from a recognized institution approved by NCVT/SCVT
- Must have passed +2 with Science (physics, Chemistry & Biology) for MLT Candidates.
The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should NOT have completed 22/24 years for Freshers /Ex-IT, MLT Respectively
Selection Procedure for Apprentice Posts
- Selection will be done on the basis of average of the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in both Matriculation [with minimum 50% aggregate marks] and ITI examination giving equal weightage to both.
- For Fresher: The average of marks obtained by the candidates in SSLC/Matriculation.
How to Apply for Southern Railway Apprentice Posts 2019
- Go to Southern Railway Official Website www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in
- Click on Careers Tab where you will find ‘Combined Notification for the Engagement of Act Apprentices in Southern Railway’
- Click on ‘Register’
- A new window will open where you need to select unit and other details