Sports Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers August 2012, August 13-August 19
Sports Current Affairs Quiz for August 2012 will enhance your knowledge related to different sports events
Sports Current Affairs Quiz for August 2012 will enhance your knowledge related to different sports events. The Quizzes have the crack questions in the sports section for all competitive exams. The said week was bit disappointing for Indian team because it is marked by the retirement of Indian batsman VVS Laxman from International cricket.
1. Which Indian batsman announced his retirement from International cricket on August 18, 2012?
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) VVS Laxman
c) Virat Kohli
d) Saurav Ganguly
Answer: (b) VVS Laxman
2. In London Olympics, Sushil Kumar won a silver medal in Men's wrestling event and silver medal in 2008 Olympics. In which wrestling event he won the medals?
a) 66 kg Freestyle wrestling
b) 59 kg Freestyle wrestling
c) 73 kg Freestyle category
d) 85 kg Freestyle category
Answer: (a) 66kg Freestyle wrestling
3. Who was appointed as the head of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards Committee?
a) Aslam Sher Khan
b) Yogeshwar Dutt
c) Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
d) Sushil Kumar
Answer: (c) Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
4. Which association set up a three-member committee to resolve the issues in Indian Hockey?
a) Indian Olympic Association
b) Indian Oil corporation
c) Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards Committee
d) Indian Sorts Association
Answer (a) Indian Olympic Association
5. London Olympic medalists, shooter _________ and Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt have been the country’s highest sporting honour “Rajiv Gandhi Kel Ratna”.
a) Abhinav Bindra
b) Vijay Kumar
c) Gagan Narang
d) Niccolo Campriani
Answer: (b) Vijay Kumar
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .