Sports Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers August 2012, August 20-August 26
Sports Current Affairs Quiz for August 2012 is to improve your knowledge related to different sports events
Sports Current Affairs Quiz for August 2012 is to improve your knowledge related to different sports events. The Sports Current affairs Quizzes have the crack questions in the sports section for all competitive exams.
1. South Africa replaced England as the World’s Number One Test Cricket team. The feat was achieved after its 2-0 victory over England in the three Test-match series, which ended at Lord’s Cricket Ground in London on ___________.
a) 21 Aug 2012
b) 14 Aug 2012
c) 10 Aug 2012
d) 16 Aug 2012
Answer: (a) 21 Aug 2012
2. The names of six sporting coaches were recommended for the Dronacharya Awards for the year 2012.The awards was presented by ________________ at Rashtrapati Bhawan on 29 August 2012, the National Sports Day.
a) P Chidambaram
b) Pranab Mukherjee
c) Manmohan Singh
d) Rahul Gandhi
Answer: (b) Pranab Mukherjee
3. How Many Medals did India Win in London Olympics 2012?
Answer: (c) Six
4. On 23rd Aug 2012, which sportsperson has announced that he will not contest against US Anti doping Agency charges of doping?
a) Carl Lewis
b) Lance Armstrong
c) George Hincapie
d) Bradley Wiggins
Answer: (b) Lance Armstrong
5. Which country won the highest number of medals in London Olympics 2012?
Answer: (a) USA
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .