Here we are providing you with the sports current affairs of the December 3-12 which will help you in brushing up your sports knowledge. Solve these sports quizzes and prepare for the competitive examinations like IAS|PCS, Banking, MBA and SSC.
1. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) suspended the India Olympic Association (IOA) on 4 December 2012 and eventually this might also lead to IOA ban from Olympic movement. Which of these statements is true in context to this news?
a) IOC suspended IOA because India was following the Sports Code of government in the IOA elections, which is against the Olympic Charter.
b) Suspension of IOA from Olympics came just before the Election Day.
c) Decision of IOC was welcomed by several former as well as current sportspersons.
d) All the above statements are true
Answer: (d) All the above statements are true
2. Name the corporate Hockey team which emerged champion against Bharat Petroleum in the 23rd Lal Bahadur Shastri hockey tournament at the Shivaji Stadium on 4 December 2012.
a) Air India
b) Bharti Airtel
c) Reliance Industries
d) Hindustan Petroleum
Answer: (a) Air India
3. Name the England Cricket Captain who became the youngest Batsman to score 7000 Runs
a) Alastair Cook
b) Kevin Peitersen
c) Daniel Vettori
d) Andrew Strauss
Answer: (a) Alastair Cook
4. Name the Basket player who Became Youngest Player in the History of NBA to Reach 30000 Career Points
a) Andrew Bogut
b) Kobe Bryant
c) Leandro Barbosa
d) Robert Sacre
Answer: (b) Kobe Bryant
5. Name the Cricketer and Former Captain of the Australian Cricket team who on 3 December 2012 announced his retirement from International Test Cricket.
a) Ricky Ponting
b) Adam Gilchrist
c) Shane Warne
d) Michael Clarke
Answer: (a) Ricky Ponting
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .