The Sports Current Affairs Quizzes will test your knowledge about the sports events of the world to test your knowledge on sports happenings. By solving these quizzes, you can check your knowledge on sport updates and related affairs of the sports world.
1. Which of the following statements mentioned below is wrong?
a) World champion Kenan Sofouglu and former world champion Fabien Foret are the two new members of Dhoni’s Mahi Racing Team India
b) Pakistan in November 2012 was declared champion of the Asian Kabaddi Championship after Indian team walked out from the field in a protest against the referee’s decision of penalizing the Indian Coach
c) The National Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel (NADDP) in November 2012 suspended all the 21 athletes for two years, who were tested positive with methylhexaneamine (MHA) in the run-up of the last Commonwealth Games
d) Indian Tennis Player Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna in November 2012 won their first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title together defeating Pakistan's Aisam- Ul- Haq Qureshi and Netherlands' Jean- Julien Rojer by 7-6(6), 6-3 in the final of the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris
i. Statement a, b and c are wrong
ii. Statement a and c are wrong
iii. Statement c is wrong
iv. Statement d is wrong
Answer. (iii) Statement c is wrong
2. Name the defeated the Indian duo of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna in the Men's Doubles title clash of the ATP World Tour Finals in London in November 2012?
a) Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez
b) Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan
c) Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski
d) Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins
Answer. (a) Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez
3. Name the players who were nominated IAAF World Athletes of the Year 2012b in men and women sections?
a) Aries Merritt and Allyson Felix
b) Aries Merritt and David Rudisha
c) Valerie Adams and Jessica Ennis
d) Usain Bolt and Allyson Felix
Answer. (d) Usain Bolt and Allyson Felix
4. Who is the youngest Triple Champion in Formula One History?
a) Sebastian Vettel
b) Jenson Button
c) Fernnando Alonso
d) Michael Schumacher
Answer. (a) Sebastian Vettel
5. Which the Indian Cricketer on 6 November 2012 received the honorary membership of the Order of Australia?
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) VVS Laxaman
c) Yuvraj Singh
d) Rahul Dravid
Answer. (a) Sachin Tendulkar