SSC CGL 2021 Exam Memory Based General Science Questions with Answers: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is conducting the SSC CGL 2020-21 Tier-1 Exam from 13th to 24th August 2021. So for the benefit of candidates, we are going to share the important memory-based General Science (Biology, Physics, Chemistry) questions with answers as per the feedback received by the candidates who have appeared in SSC CGL Tier-1 2021 Exam. Candidates are advised to definitely cover these questions to score high marks in the Exam.
|Check SSC CGL 2021 Admit Card Updates|
|Check SSC CGL 2021 Exam, Admit Card & Exam Centre COVID-19 Guidelines|
|Check 7035 Vacancies under SSC CGL 2020-21 Recruitment|
Let’s have a look at the Important General Science Questions that are being covered in the SSC CGL 2021 Tier-1 Exam:
SSC CGL 2021 Tier-1 Exam Memory Based General Science (Biology, Physics, Chemistry) Questions with Answers
1. Which element in chili peppers makes them spicy?
2. The three laws of planetary motion were discovered by?
Answer: Johannes Kepler
3. Which of the following Vitamins is Water Soluble?
Answer: The water-soluble vitamins include ascorbic acid (vitamin C), thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine, pyridoxal, and pyridoxamine), folacin, vitamin B12, biotin, and pantothenic acid.
4. Rickets is caused by deficiency of which vitamin?
Answer: Vitamin D
5. Xerophthalmia is caused due to the deficiency of:
Answer: Vitamin A
Check SSC CGL Posts, Salary, Job Profile & Promotion Policy:
6. What is the valency of the halogen group?
Answer: One - Valency level of the elements in the halogen group is one.
Halogens belong to group `17 of the periodic table and their general electronic configuration is ns2np5. So, they have a tendency to accept one electron to get a noble gas configuration.
7. Which of the following disease is caused by Parasite?
Answer: Examples of parasitic diseases that can be bloodborne include African trypanosomiasis, babesiosis, Chagas disease, leishmaniasis, malaria, and toxoplasmosis.
8. What is the Common name of Green Algae?
Answer: Chlorophyta or Prasinophyta is a taxon of green algae informally called chlorophytes
9. Electron Volt is the unit of
Answer: Electron volt, unit of energy commonly used in atomic and nuclear physics, equal to the energy gained by an electron (a charged particle carrying unit electronic charge) when the electrical potential at the electron increases by one volt. The electron volt equals 1.602 × 10−12 erg or 1.602 × 10−19 joule.
10. Which of the following is a part of Kidney?
Answer: Each kidney has an outer layer called the cortex, which contains filtering units. The center part of the kidney, the medulla has fan-shaped structures called pyramids.
11. What is convection?
Answer: the process in which heat moves through a gas or a liquid as the hotter part rises and the cooler, heavier part sinks.
12. Unit of momentum:
Answer: The units for momentum would be mass units times velocity units. The standard metric unit of momentum is the kg•m/s.
13. Which of the following is not greenhouse gas?
Answer: Oxygen, Nitrogen and Argon are not examples of greenhouse gases
14. Force multiplied with displacement gives:
15. The ability of cells to form individual:
16. Sandalwood trees are grown in which forest?
Answer: Dry Deciduous Forests
17. Why do Magnetic fields never cross each other?
Answer: The magnetic field lines never intersect each other because if two or more lines intersect each other than it means that at that point of intersection, the magnetic field has two directions at the same point. This is not possible for a magnetic field to point in more than one direction at the same point.
18. Which plant stores food in the roots?
Answer: Beets, carrots, parsnips, and radishes are some of the roots stored food.
19. Arthritis is caused by the deficiency of:
Answer: Vitamin D
20. What is the boiling point of water?
Answer: Water boils at 212 degrees Fahrenheit (100 degrees Celsius)
21. What is the SI unit of electric current?
Answer: The ampere, symbol A, is the SI unit of electric current.
22. Gonad gland is located in?