Staff Selection Commission (SSC) organised Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination for recruitment to the posts of Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerks. The common written examination is to conducted on 20 October 2013, 27 October 2013, and 10 November 2013.
The question paper include 200 questions from four different sections (English Language (Basic Knowledge), General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill), and General Awareness). There was negative marking of .25 Marks which was deducted for each wrong answer. The candidates have 02 hours to mark maximum correct answers in order to qualify this examination.
1. Jamal was born on Feb. 29, 1988. How many birthdays will be celebrated up to 29-2-2004?
2. Ram is elder than Shyam Lakshman is elder than Shyam, but younger than Ran. Hanuman is younger than both Hari and Shyam. Shyam is elder than Hari. Who is the youngest?
3. Raju and his grandfather have an age difference of 65 years at present. After 10 years the sum of their age is 95 years. What is the present age of
Raju and his grandfather?
(A) 15 & 80
(B) 10 & 65
(C) 5 & 70
(D) 5 & 65
4. In a class, Karthik's rank is 17th from the top and 28th from the bottom. How many students are there in the class?
5. Vikash said, “That boy is the grandson of my mother's husband. I have no brother and sister.” How is the boy related to Vikash?
Part - II
Directions: In Question Nos. 1 & 2, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
Directions: In Question Nos. 3 & 4. choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
Directions: In Question Nos. 5 & 6. Four words are given in each question, out of which only one word is correctly spelt. Find the correctly spelt word and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
1. An article was sold at a profit of 12%. If the cost price would be 10% less and selling price would be 5.75 more, there would be profit of 30%. Then at what price it should be sold to make a profit of 20%?
(A) Rs 115
(B) RS 120
(C) Rs 138
(D) Rs 215
2. A mobile phone is listed at Rs 1,500 and a discount of 10% is offered on the list price. What additional discount must be offered to the customer now to bring the net price to Rs 1,242?
3. A, B and C entered into a business and their investments ratio was 5 : 4 : 3. After 4 months B invested Rs 1,000 more and after 8 months C invested Rs
2,000 more. At the end of one year the profit ratio was 15.: 14.: 11, then the investment of C at the beginning was
(A) Rs 3,000
(B) Rs 6,000
(C) Rs 4,500
(D) Rs 7.500
4. Two trains, each of length 125 metre, are runnin in parallel tracks in opposite directions. One train is running in a speed 65 km/hour and
they cross each other in 6 seconds. The speed of the other train is
(A) 75 km/hour
(B) 85 km/hour
(C) 95 km/hour
(D) 105 km/hour
Part - IV
1. The Market Regulation system was introduced by
(C) Ala-ud-dm Khilji
2. Which of the following Mughal Emperors wrote their own autobiographies?
(A) Shah Alam and Farukh Siyar
(B) Babur and Jahangir
(C) Jahangir and Shah Jahan
(D) Akbar and Aurangzeb
3. For the annexation of which Indian Kingdom, the “Doctrine or Lapse” was not followed?
4. During the Second World war, which one or the following countries was not one of the three Axis Powers, which fought against the Allied Powers?
5. The highest mountain peak in Peninsular India is