Staff Selection Commission Southern Region invites application from eligible candidates for recruitment of Constables in Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) in Indo Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Rifleman in Assam Rifles. Female candidate will be considered for posts earmarked for them in different CAPFs.
Name of the Post & Number of Vacancies
- Constable (General Duty- GD) - Male: 39574 vacancies (Assam Rifles 6060, BSF 10640, CISF 2250, CRPF 10189, SSB 4691, ITBP 5744)
- Constable (General Duty- GD) - Female: 2848 vacancies (BSF 2547, CISF 250, CRPF 51)
- Opening date for applying online/ sending application: 3 December 2011
- Last date for applying online (Part I registration): 2 January 2012 up to 5 pm
- Last date for applying online (Part II registration)/ sending application: 7 January 2012 up to 5 pm
- Last date for sending application (from remote areas): 11 January 2012
- Tentative date for PST/ PET: February/ March 2012
- Date for Written Test: 22 April 2012
- Tentative date for Medical Examination: June/ July 2012
- Declaration of Final Result: 30 September 2012
Educational Qualification: Matriculation or Xth class pass from a recognized board/ University
Age limit (as on 1 August 2012): Between 18 and 23 Years
Pay scale: Pay Band 1, Rs 5200 - 20200; Grade Pay Rs 2000 per month
Application Fee: No application fee will be charged from SC/ ST/ Ex-servicemen/ Women candidate and for General and OBC Candidate is Rs 50. The fee is payable through CRF Stamp or SBI Challan or on-line payment through account with the State Bank of India.
The candidate's overall performance will be judged for final recruitment. The candidates will have to undergo the following recruitment tests.
- 1. Physical Standard Test (PST)
- 2. Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- 3. Written exam (100 marks)
a) General Intelligence & Reasoning (25 marks)
b) General Knowledge & General Awareness (25 marks)
c) Elementary Mathematics (25 marks)
d) English/ Hindi (25 marks)
- 4. Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
How to Apply
Eligible and interested candidates should send their Applications complete in all respects in the prescribed performa in the prescribed format online or on paper. Candidates desirous of submitting on line applications should retain their registration number assigned to them on line for correspondence with the commission. They are not required to submit print outs of their application to the commission.
Candidates applying offline should submit their application to the concerned Regional Office/ Sub Regional Offices of the Commission in the usual manner after completing other formalities.
For more details, please CLICK HERE