Staff Selection Commission invites application from eligible candidates for recruitment of Sub-Inspector in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) in Staff Selection Commission through All India Examination.
Name of the Post & Number of Vacancies
- Sub-Inspector in CAPFs: 1857 vacancies (CRPF 559, BSF 295, ITBPF 470, CISF 533)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector in CISF: 338 vacancies (Male 304, Female 34)
Important Dates for recruitment in Staff Selection Commission
- Opening date for online registration: 18 February 2012
- Last date for online registration (Part I): 14 March 2012 upto 5 pm
- Last date for online registration (Part II)/ sending application: 16 March 2012 upto 5 pm
- Last date for sending application (from remote areas): 23 March 2012
- Date for All India Examination: 27 May 2012
Eligibility Criteria for recruitment in Staff Selection Commission
Educational Qualification: Graduation from a recognized University or equivalent
Age limit (as on 16 March 2012): Between 20 and 25 years (for both posts)
- Sub-Inspector in CAPFs: Pay Band 2, Rs 9300-34800; Grade Pay of Rs 4200
- Assistant Sub-Inspector in CISF: Pay Band 1, Rs 5200- 20200; Grade Pay Rs 2000
Application Fee: No application fee will be charged from SC/ ST/ Ex-servicemen/ Women candidate and for General and OBC Candidate is Rs 100. The fee is payable through CRF Stamp in case of Off-line or SBI Challan or on-line payment through State Bank of India for on-line application.
Selection Procedure for recruitment in Staff Selection Commission
The candidate's overall performance will be judged for final recruitment. The candidates will have to undergo the following recruitment tests.
- Written Examination (200 marks, 200 questions, 10 am to 12 noon)
a) Part I
Part A: General Intelligence & Reasoning (50 marks)
Part B: General Knowledge & General Awareness (50 marks)
Part C: Quantitative Aptitude (50 marks)
Part D: English Comprehension (50 marks)
b) Part II: English Language & Comprehension (200 marks, 200 questions, 10 am to 12 noon)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
- Interview/ Personality Test
How to Apply for recruitment in Staff Selection Commission: The application must be submitted only in the prescribed format on-line or on paper/off-line.
Offline Application: Candidates applying offline must submit his/ her application only to the concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office of the Commission under whose jurisdiction the Centre selected by him/ her falls. Application received in any other Regional/ Sub-Regional Office of the Commission will be rejected summarily.
Online Application: The online submission of the application may be made at website http://www.ssconline.nic.in/ or http://www.sscregistration.sifyitest.com/ The filling of online application contains two parts:
Part I Registration: In Part I Registration, candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, candidate shall be prompted to check the details and make any correction in the application. The application procedure is incomplete without part II registration.
Part II Registration: Part II registration requires filling of payment details, uploading of photograph and scanned signature.
Detailed Syllabus for recruitment of Sub-Inspector in CAPFs and Assistant Sub-Inspector in CISF
For more details, please CLICK HERE