A key to learning and studying chemistry is practice. Solving practice problems, working on equations and formulas should be a core feature of your daily study routine. Reviewing and working the practice problems will help you test your understanding and knowledge of chemistry. And when you talk about solving a variety of practice problems, nothing can be better that the questions given in the NCERT Textbooks.
To help students find the right approach to all the NCERT questions, we are providing detailed and accurate solutions. These solutions will help you know the right explanation for each NCERT question and understand the technique to write perfect answers in the annual examinations.
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry NCERT Solutions for Chapter- Structure of Atom
Here we are providing NCERT solutions for CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 2, Structure of Atom. All these solutions have been prepared by the subject matter experts and will help you clear your concepts.
Students may download the NCERT solutions for Class 11 Chemistry in PDF format.
Main topics discussed in Class 11 Chemistry chapter- Structure of Atom, are:
- Discovery of electron
- Charge to mass ratio of electron
- Charge on the electron
- Discovery of protons and neutrons
- Atomic models
- Thomson model of atom
- Rutherford’s nuclear model of atom
- Atomic number and mass number
- Isobars and isotopes
- Drawbacks of Rutherford model
- Developments leading to the Bohr’s model of atom
- Wave nature of electromagnetic radiation
- Particle nature of electromagnetic radiation: Planck’s Quantum Theory
- Evidence for the quantized electronic energy levels: Atomic spectra
- Bohr’s model for hydrogen atom
- Explanation of line spectrum of hydrogen
- Limitations of Bohr’s Model
- Towards quantum mechanical model of the atom
Dual behaviour of matter
Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle
- Quantum mechanical model of atom
Orbitals and quantum numbers
Shapes of atomic orbitals
Energies of orbitals
Filling of orbitals in atom
- Electronic configuration of atoms
- Stability of completely filled and half filled subshells.
Some of the questions and their solutions from NCERT Solutions for Class 11: Structure of Atom, are as follows:
To get all the NCERT Solutions, click on the following link: