Teachers Recruitment Board, Tamilnadu invited applications for recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor in Engineering Colleges. Eligible candidates can send applications in the prescribed format on or before 5 September 2014.
- Opening Date of Application Forms: 20 August 2014
- Last Date for receipt of Application forms: 5 September 2014
- Date of Written Examination: 26 October 2014
Details of Post
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor in Engineering Colleges
Name of the Disciplines:
1. Civil Engineering: 12 Posts
2. Mechanical Engg: 10 Posts
3. E.E.E: 7 Posts
4. E.C.E: 10 Posts
5. EIE: 2 Posts
6. Computer Science Engg: 7 Posts
7. Production Engg: 7 Posts
8. Metallurgy: 1 Post
9. Mathematics: 25 Posts
10. English: 19 Posts
11. Physics: 21 Posts
12. Chemistry: 18 Posts
Total No. of Vacancies: 139
Pay Scale: Rs. 15600 to 39100 + AGP- Rs. 6,000
- Assistant Professor (Engineering Subjects): B.E. / B.Tech and M.E. / M.Tech in the relevant branch of Engineering or Technology or its equivalent.
- Assistant Professor (Non-Engineering Subjects): Master Degree in the relevant subject with good academic record or an equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) from an Indian University or an equivalent Degree from a Foreign University, and National Eligibility Test (NET) passed for Lecturers conducted by the UGC, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) or similar test accredited by the University Grants Commission.
Candidate’s maximum age should be upto 35 years as on 1 July 2014 for Engineering Subjects and Non- engineering Subjects.
Candidates will be required to pay Rs.600/- (Rs.300/- for SC/ST and Differently Abled) as examination fees in any Branch of STATE BANK OF INDIA / INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK using only the prescribed Challan attached with the prospectus.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format.
- The application form along with prospectus can be purchased in person from the “Office of the Chief Educational Officers of all 32 Districts in Tamilnadu” on payment of Rs.100/- in cash.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with attested copies of all required Certificates / Documents should be submitted to the Office of the Chief Educational Officer concerned on or before 5 September 2014.
- The envelope should be super scribed with the words ‘Application for Assistant Professor in Engineering Colleges’.