The Indian Navy invited application from unmarried Male candidates for Permanent Commission in Logistics Cadre and unmarried Male and Female candidates for Short Service Commission in Education Branch and ATC of the Indian Navy, who fulfill the condition of nationality as laid down by the Government of India for Course commencing Dec 2013 at the Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala. Eligible candidates may apply online on or before 31 May 2013. The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the armed forces of India. The President of India serves as the Commander-in-Chief of the Navy. The primary objective of the navy is to secure national maritime borders.
• Opening date for Online Application Forms: 8 May 2013
• Closing date for Online Application Forms: 31 May 2013
• Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 10 June 2013
Detail of Vacancies
Name of posts:
• Permanent commissioned officer
• Short Service commissioned (SSC) officer
Name of the Branch/Cadre
• Logistics/Works: Candidates should have 19 1/2 – 25 Yrs (born between 02 Jan 1989 – 01 Jul 1994)
• Education: Candidates should have 21– 25 Yrs (born between 02 Jan 1989 – 01 Jul 1993)
• ATC: Candidates should have 19 1/2 – 25 Yrs (born between 02 Jan 1989 – 01 Jul 1994)
• Logistics/Works: (a) For PC (Logistics Cadre): (i) B.Com/M.Com. (ii) BA/MA (Economics) (iii) BBA /MBA (iv) BBM (v)BCA/MCA (vi) BSc (IT)/MSc (IT) (vii) B.Tech/BE(any discipline) (viii) Graduate Degree with Post Graduate Diploma/Degree in Materials Management (ix) ICWA (x) Chartered Accountancy. (b) For Works: (i) BE/B Tech Civil Engineering (ii) B Architecture.
• Education: (i) 50 % marks MSc Physics (with Maths in BSc) (ii) MSc Maths (with Physics in BSc. (iii) MCA. (iv) MSc (Operational Research/Analysis) (v) MSc (Meteorology/Oceanography, Atmospheric Sciences) (vi) MA (English or History)Minimum Marks 50 % OR (i) BE/B Tech/M Tech (Mechanical) (ii) BE/B Tech/M Tech (Computer Science Engg./IT) (iii) M Tech (Meteorology/ Oceanography, Atmospheric Sciences)Minimum Marks 60 %
• ATC: (i) 60% marks in BSc in Physics/Maths Minimum Marks 60 %or Electronics (ii) Msc in Physics/ Maths or Electronics. Minimum Marks 55%
No Branch/Cadre Vision Standards Height in Cms
1 Logistics/Works 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6 6/12 with glass(should not be colour/night blind) Male – 157 Cms with correlated weight
2 Education 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6 6/12 with glass(should not be colour/night blind) Male – 157 Cms, Female – 152 cms with correlated weight
3 ATC 6/9, 6/9 & 6/6, 6/6 Male – 157 Cms, Female – 152 cms with correlated weight
Rank Pay Bands / Scale Grade Pay MSP
Sub Lieutenant PB-3/15600-39100 5400 6000
Lieutenant PB-3/15600-39100 6100 6000
Lieutenant CDR PB-3/15600-39100 6600 6000
Commander PB-4/37400-67000 8000 6000
Vice Admiral Hag Scale 67000-79000
• Higher educational qualification is considered as cut off.
• Those who are shortlisted will be called for SSB interview.
• The interview is of two stages. Stage I consists of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and GD. Stage II consists of Psychological tests, Group task tests and interview.
• Finally candidates will be put to Medical Examination.
How to Apply
Interested eligible candidates can apply online through the website
• Before submitting e-application, it is advisable to keep all educational certificates, email address, mobile number and softcopy of the latest photograph of size less than 10 kb readily available for error free submission of e-application.
• Print two copies of the online Application Form having the system generated Application Number. One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed (posted) to Post Box No. 04, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110 021 along with the following documents: Self attested photograph, Attested photo copies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semester/years.
• Candidates should super-scribe the words on the envelope containing the application copy online application no. ___ Application for PC (LOG)/SSC (Education)/SSC (ATC) – DEC 2013 Course Qualification ______ Percentage ___%.
• Application is to be posted through normal post. Application sent by Speed Post/Registered Post/Courier/e-mail will not be accepted.
For more information, CLICK HERE