Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India invited application for recruitment to the post of Lab Technician/Technical Assistant. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 02 or 08 January 2015.
- Last date for submission of online application : 02 January 2015
- Last date for receiving the signed hard copy of application at THSTI: 08 January 2015
Details of Post
- Lab Technician
- Technical Assistant
- Educational Qualification
- Lab Technician: Candidate must have passed 12th standard. Two years of work experience in a Biological Research Laboratory will be preferred. Should be familiar with preparing microbial culture media, maintenance of bacterial cells and assisting at research work. Basic computer skills are essential.
- Technical Assistant: MSc. in Chemistry or Biochemistry or any other area of Life Sciences with at least one year of relevant experience in the following fields: Basic techniques in molecular biology (genomic and plasmid DNA isolation, gel electrophoresis, polymerase chain reaction, spectrophotometry, column chromatography) Maintenance of bacterial cells Knowledge of MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop and other commonly used web based bioinformatics tools.
- Lab Technician: Rs.5,200-20,200 with a Grade Pay of Rs. 2400/-
- Technical Assistant: Rs. 9,400-34,800 with a Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/-
How to Apply
Candidates interested in the profile can wither apply online from THSTI website latest by 02 January 2015 or can send their applications to THSTI on or before 08 January 2015.