Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) invited applications for Admissions to PhD, Integrated MSc-PhD as well as MSc degree programmes in certain subjects. The candidates eligible can apply through prescribed format before 30 September 2014.
- Last Date for Receipt of Completed Application forms: 30 September 2014
- Date of Nationwide Entrance Examination: 14 December 2014
- Date of Results of the Nationwide Entrance Examination: 15 January 2015
- Mathematics (PhD and Integrated MSc-PhD Programs)
- Physics (PhD and Integrated MSc-PhD Programs)
- Chemistry (PhD Program)
- Biology (PhD, Integrated MSc-PhD and MSc)
- Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability) - PhD program
- Science Education (PhD Program)
- Candidate should submit online applications at http://univ.tifr.res.in
- Only students from remote areas who have no access to internet may send their request for application form along with a self-addressed stamped (Rs. 20/-) envelope (size 25cm x 17cm) superscribed GS-2015 (Subject). All others should submit online applications only.
- Candidate should submit Rs 500/- for applications submitted online and Rs.550/-for applications sent manually by post. Female candidates have to pay Rs.100/- for application submission online as well as for applications sent manually by post. Payment can be made online by Credit/Debit cards OR by Demand Draft drawn on State Bank of India.
- For Biology: DD to be drawn in favour of "National Centre for Biological Sciences", payable at Bengaluru.
- For all other subjects: DD to be drawn in favour of "Tata Institute of Fundamental Research", payable at Mumbai.
Candidate’s selection for admission to the courses will be made on the basis of candidates’ performance in the written test, followed by personal interview, to be held during end-February to early-April 2015.
How to apply
- Candidates can obtain the application form from the website.
- Completed application form in prescribed format along with all relevant copies of attested certificates and DD should reach to the followings concerned Department on or before 30 September 2014.
- For Biology: Admissions Section, National Centre for Biological Sciences, TIFR, GKVK, Bellary Road. Bengaluru 560065.
- For all other subjects: University Cell, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road. Colaba, Mumbai 40005.