According to the expert and the students who have cracked this examination convincingly, following four points is must-to-do for all candidates.
Planning: The first and simple strategy to crack this exam is planning. You must have heard “One who fails to plan, plans to fail”. Hence you must plan your study in advance. If you are really excited and willing to join one of the top Law Universities in India, you must gear yourself from 12th class onwards. Minimum 1 year hard core preparation would fetch you good marks and hence all India ranking. For this the candidate must develop the skill/habit to read at least one English daily newspaper (The Hindu/Indian Express preferable). It not only improves the candidate’s general awareness which is highly desirable for this exam, but also it makes them confident.
Selective study: The second step is selective study. As a candidate you must understand the difference between smart work and hard work. It means you don’t need to read everything and know everything. You must be selective in your approach which book and magazine to follow which is not.
Discipline: The third step is to formulate a roadmap till your exam. So that you would have the clear cut picture of your preparation level and exam date. A candidate is expected to have a disciplined way of study which means consistency and continuity.
Time Management: And the last but not the least is Time Management which is very essential. Try to practice the questions in a given time frame. You should also make a frame of mind that which section of question paper requires how much time.
In the mean time a candidate must follow the below guidelines for better improvement:
- Identify your weaker area and try to strengthen it.
- More brush up of your strong area.
- Accordingly distribute time for each section depending upon the weightage in exam.
- Revise and repeat the syllabus time and again.
- Make the notes of current affairs for quick revision.
To start preparation, there are many resources available in the market. Be it a coaching materials, class notes or books. But one must be choosy to smartly select and have the targeted approach. A candidate can also join coaching class for speedy understanding of some concepts in Maths, reasoning and English. In case a candidate wants to practice for the exam he/she can buy from some of the good available books.
- Reasoning: Verbal and Non-Verbal reasoning by RS Aggrawal.
- Mathematics : Arithmetic by RS Aggrawal
- English: Made Easy by Norman Lewis, English is easy by Chetnanand Singh
- One Practice Guide : Can buy any one from Kiran’s/Pierson’s/Universal’s etc
- Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning: There are many books available for CLAT entrance exam.
- For GK/Current Affairs: Religiously follow Jagranjosh.com’s daily current affairs. For GK Lucent General Knowledge book.