Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is held by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for admission to Post graduate programmes in various AICTE approved Management Colleges and Institutes. CMAT Exam is held once in a year, usually in the month of January.
The test paper of CMAT will comprise four sections including Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language comprehension, and General Awareness. Candidates are provided with 25 questions in each section and time allotted to solve the test paper is 180 minutes. There is a provision of negative marking too and one-fourth mark is deducted for each incorrect answers. CMAT 2017 is scheduled to take place on 28th January 2017.
With so much less time in hand, revision becomes a herculean task and aspirants get anxious. Exam takers get confused about the preparation strategy. In order to streamline the process of smooth CMAR exam preparation, we have come up with some easy tips that will help you crack CMAT 2017 Exam in one attempt.
Read the relevant tips to crack CMAT 2017:
• Be selective: Since just few days are left for the examination, you must be very selective in preparing the topics. Don’t try to even touch those topics which you are not sure of completing within the short time span. Prefer those chapters that seems important from the examination point of view and can easily be covered within short duration.
• Time Management: Time management is the important aspect in the preparation of examination. Allot feasible time to each and every topic that you choose to cover for the examination and try to finish off the assigned topic within the stipulated time span.
• Prepare Notes: While studying makes brief notes of formulae, facts and other significant points covering the topic or chapters. It will be useful during the revision as you will have lack of time to revise the whole syllabus and these notes will help you remind all the relevant points.
• Read Newspapers, magazines, and journals etc: Keep yourself abreast with current affairs by reading newspapers current affairs journals and news magazines. It will enable you to precisely answer the questions pertaining to General Awareness section. Moreover, it will also help you to improve language and comprehension which is the second section of the CMAT February 2013.
• Take Mock Tests: Practising sample papers, previous years’ papers are necessary to crack the examination. This will acquaint you with the type of questions that will be set in the test papers by the examiner. Moreover, these papers enable you to make out your faults and give opportunity to correct them so that these can’t be repeated in the examination. Take and evaluate mock tests keeping in mind the fact of negative marking in the examination.
• Proper Rest and Healthy Diet: Study, study and study theory will not help you to crack the examination. Healthy diet and right amount of sleep (at least 8 hours) along with study will give good results.
For more updates on CMAT Exam, keep visiting MBA section of jagranjosh.com
Latest Updates on CMAT Exam
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.