Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission invited applications for the recruitment to the post of Assistant Director of Statistics. The eligible candidates can apply through online format before 31 January 2013.
Details of Vacancy
Name of the Post
and Code No.
Name of the Service
and Code No.
|No. of vacancies||
Pay Band and
|Tamil Nadu Statistics
Service (Code No.064)
Rs.15600-39100 + Grade
Pay Rs. 5400/-
• Last date for submission of applications: 31 January 2013
• Last date for payment of Fee through Bank or Post Office: 2 February 2013
Date and Time of Main Examination in Computer Based Test format
• Paper – I: 24 February 2013 FN (10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M)
• Paper – II: 24 February 2013 AN (02.30 P.M. to 04.30 P.M)
• SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all Castes: 18 years
• ‘Others’ (i.e. candidates not belonging to other than the categories referred to in Sl.No. 1 above): 18 years to 30 years
• Master’s Degree in Statistics (or)
• Master’s degree in Economics/Operations Research/Computer Applications/Computer Science/Mathematics/Mathematical Economics/Econometrics and Statistics as ancillary/allied subject.
The selection of the candidates will be done in two successive stages
• Main Examination in Computer Based Test Format
• Oral Test
How to Apply
• Candidates should apply only through online in the Commissions Website www.tnppsc.ggov. in or in www.tnpscexams.net.
• Before applying, the candidates should have scanned image of their photograph and signature in CD/DVD/Pen drive as per their convenience.