The University Grants Commission invites applications for Post Doctoral Fellowships for Indian Scholars in United States for 2012 under Singh Obama 21st Century Knowledge Initiative 2012.
The objective of the Fellowship is to provide the Indian scholars an opportunity to have international collaborative research opportunities, training in advance techniques and technologies in emerging fields. These awards will provide a fantastic opportunity to the Indian students to interact with the American academic & scientific community.
Name and Number of Fellowships
Post Doctoral Fellowships For Indian Scholars In United States Under Singh-Obama 21st Century Knowledge Initiative 2012: 300 Fellowships
The application must be submitted in the ‘online mode' latest by 11 July 2012.
- The applicant should be a permanent teacher in a university/institution recognized by UGC under 2 (f) and 12B of UGC Act
- The applicant should possess at least 60% marks or equivalent in the post-graduate degree
- The applicant should possess a PhD degree in respective academic discipline (Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Science, Engineering, Technology, Agricultural Sciences) or MD/MS/PhD in Medical Sciences
- The Applicant must provide proof of having carried out independent research work published in peer reviewed journals preferably indexed
- The applicant should be of age up to 40 years as on 31 December 2012.
- The reservation will be available in accordance with the national norms.
Amount of Fellowship
- The Fellow will be entitled to fellowship amount of US $ 3000 per month.
- The minimum period of the fellowship would be 6 months and maximum period of fellowship would be 12 months.
- Fellow will also be entitled to a one time personal contingency grant of up to a maximum of Rs. 50,000 to cover for visa, airport transfer, medical insurance etc. Medical insurance expenses, visa fee, airport transfer charges will be met by the fellow from out of this personal contingency grant.
- Fellow will also be permitted to travel within USA to attend conferences or visit other institutes of interest with the approval of the advisor at the host institute. The Fellow will be entitled to avail one of the following grants for this purpose.a) Grant of $ 600 for fellowship period up to 6 monthsb) Grant of $ 1200 for fellowship period beyond 6 months
Selection Procedure: It is a two way process.
- Short listing of the candidates as per applications
- Personal interview of the short listed candidates
How to Apply
- Applications in the prescribed format may be submitted only through online mode by logging into website www.ugc.ac.in/pdfindous/ Applications received after this date will not be entertained.
- Application should be forwarded by the head of organization/ department where the candidate is employed.
- Scanned copy of acceptance letter from host institution in USA.
Note: In case the awardee leaves the host institution or fellowship without completing the research project then in such situation the awardee shall be liable for refund of entire fellowship amount within a period of 2 months, failing to which it will be treated as misconduct on the part of the awardee and the Commission shall recommend to the parent institution in India for recovery of award amount and initiation of suitable departmental action against the erring awardee.
For more details, please CLICK HERE