University Grants Commission announced award of 1000 Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC & ST candidates for the academic year 2012‐ 2013.
The primary objective of the Scheme is to ensure financial assistance to SC/ ST candidates to pursue Master’s level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, and Pharmacy etc. on regular basis only at recognized Indian Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges.
Name of the Scholarship Scheme
Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates: 1000 Scholarships
Last date to apply online for scholarship: 6 December 2012
- Candidates should possess Graduate degree in the relevant subject and obtain admission at Postgraduate level for regular full time course in any of the Professional subject in a recognized University/ Institution/ College.
- No candidate pursuing post graduate course in professional subjects by correspondence or by Distance Education mode is eligible to receive financial aid under this scheme.
Age Limit (as on 1 July 2012)
- The upper age limit for male candidate is 45 years while upper age limit for female candidate is 50 years. In some exceptional cases, relaxation in age limit can also be provided.
Amount of Scholarship
The tenure of award is for two/three years depending upon the duration of the post graduation course.
Candidates selected for the award of PG scholarships on the basis of merit shall be provided with Scholarship of Rs 5000 per month (for ME/ MTech courses) with the contingency of Rs 15000 per annum. Scholarship awarded for courses other than ME/ MTech is Rs 3000 per month and contingency grant of Rs10, 000 per annum.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected on the basis of their merit by an Expert Committee at UGC. The final list will be declared by the end of August.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates who wish to apply for ‘UGC’s Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ ST Candidates 2012’ should submit their applications through online mode only. No other mode of application will be accepted by UGC.
Applicants will have to upload scanned copies of the below mentioned documents while applying online:
- Caste Certificate (SC/ ST)
- Age Proof Certificate. (e.g. Birth Certificate, School Leaving Certificate etc)
- Graduate Degree Marksheet/ Certificate
- Physical Disability Certificate (if applicable)
Candidates must note that they will not be permitted to submit their applications unless above mentioned documents are uploaded.
For more details, please Click Here