UP Board Class 12 English Syllabus 2022-23: English course is offered to the senior secondary students of Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad under code 117. For the academic year 2022-23, the syllabus of English for UP Board students in class 12th has been revised. The UPMSP class 12 English exams will be held on February 24, 2023. Take a look at the syllabus before sitting in the exam.
The updated UP board class 12 English syllabus is available on the website of UPMSP i.e upmsp.edu.in. However, students can directly view the content and download the full syllabus in PDF Format from Jagran Josh.
Related: UP Board Exam Date 2023
There will be one question paper of 100 marks.
Section A- Reading (15 marks).
- One long passage followed by four short answer type questions and three vocabulary questions. 4x3=12(short answer questions) 3x1=3(vocabulary)
Section B- writing (20 marks).
- Article (Descriptive, Argumentative/ autobiographical) - 100 to 150 words. 10
- Letter to the Editor/ complaint letters. 10
Section C- Grammar (25 marks).
- Ten questions (MCQ and very short answer type questions) based on Narration, Synthesis, Transformation, Syntax, Idioms and Phrases/ phrasal Verbs, Synonyms, Antonyms, One word substitution, Homophones 10x2=20
- Translation from Hindi to English- 7 to 8 Sentences 5
Section D - Literature 40 marks
- Two short answer type questions 4+4=8
- One long answer type question 7
- Three very short answer type questions based on the given poetry extract- 3x2=6
Note- (Questions related to identification of the following figures of speech will be included in the poetry section- Simile, Metaphor, Personification, Oxymoron, Apostrophe, Hyperbole, Onomatopoeia).
- Central idea of the given poem 4
Vistas- Supplementary Reader
10 . Two short answer type questions. 4+4=8
11 . One long answer type question 7
Following books are prescribed:-
Flamingo- Text Book
- THE LAST LESSON Alphonse Daudet
- LOST SPRING Anees Jung
- DEEP WATER William Douglas
- THE RATTRAP Selma Lagerlof
- INDIGO Louis Fischer
- MY MOTHER AT SIXTY-SIX Kamala Das
- AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CLASSROOM IN A SLUM Stephen Spender
- KEEPING QUIET Pablo Neruda
- A THING OF BEAUTY John Keats
- AUNT JENNIFFR’S TIGERS Adrienne Rich
Vistas- Supplementary Reader-
- The Third Level Jack Finney
- The Tiger King Kalki
- Journey to the end of the Earth Tishani Doshi
- The Enemy Pearl S. Buck
- Should Wizard hit Mommy John Updike
- On the Face of it Susan Hill
Note- No book has been prescribed for grammar. Students can select any book recommended by the subject teacher.
The 30 percent reduced syllabus is as follows:
Up to 30 percent reduced syllabus-
Flamingo (Text book)
Poets and Pancakes
The Interview-Part I and Part II
A Road side stand
Vistas (Supplementary Reader)
Evans Tries an O-level
Memories of childhood
- The Cutting of My Long Hair
- We Too are Human Being
UP Board Class 12 English Syllabus 2022-23
All the best to all the candidates.
Before you go, check the following important resources for the UP Board Class 12 English Exams.
UP Board Exam Centre List: Class 10, 12 Board Exam 2023
UP Board Intermediate Exam 2023: Subject-wise Preparation Tips for UP Board Class 12 Exam 2023
UP Board Class 12 Admit Card 2023: Direct link to Download UPMSP Class 12 Inter Pravesh Patrika