UP Board announced the results of both class 10 and class 12 board exams on 27 April, 2019. In UP Board Results 2019, there would be some students who didn’t score good marks in the board exam and some even failed in a few subjects. For such students, board provides a chance to improve their scores by appearing in the compartment or improvement examinations.
Candidates will be able to apply for UP Board Compartment/ Improvement Exam by filling the form and paying the requisite fee amount.
Difference between UP Board Improvement Exam and Compartment Exam:
- Improvement Exam: Students who got low marks in any subject in Class 10 or Class 12 can apply for Improvement exam to enhance their scores. Students will be issued a new mark sheet with revised marks.
- Compartment Exam: Students who failed in one or a maximum of two subjects can appear for UP Board Compartment Exam 2019 to pass the subjects.
Students who failed in more than 2 subjects are considered as fail in board exam and therefore are not allowed to apply for the UP Board Compartment or Improvement Exam 2019.
UP Board Class 10, 12 Results 2019: Check complete analysis and toppers’ list
How to apply for the UP Board Compartment/Improvement Exam 2019?
Students can register for the UP Board Compartment/Improvement exam in two ways:
(i) Online Mode: Students can apply for the exam by directly visiting the board’s official website, upmsp.edu.in.
(ii) Offline Mode: Students can visit their school and apply for the compartment exam through the school authorities.
UP Board will start the online registration for the Compartment/Improvement exam very soon. Students are advised to keep updated with the board’s activities to know every minute detail about the conducting of compartment and improvement exams.
Steps to apply online for UP Board Compartment or Improvement Exam 2019:
- Visit the official website of board, i.e., upmsp.edu.in
- Select suitable link from “Notification for Compartment/Improvement Exam 2019” from there.
- In the login window enter the login credentials.
- Then fill the details of compartment or Improvement Form.
- Complete the process by paying the fees.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button for final submission of the form.
UP Board Class 10th Last 5 Years’ Question Papers
FAQs by students about reappearing in the exam
Students have few concerns about the compartment or improvement exam. Here we discuss a few general queries by students and are providing the best possible answers for them:
1. In how many subjects can I get compartment?
Answer. A student can apply for the compartment exam only when he/she fails in 1 or 2 subjects. However, if a student fails in more than 2 subjects, then he/she will be considered as fail and will not be eligible to apply for compartment exam.
2. Is question paper in compartment exam easy or difficult?
Answer. Question paper in compartment exam is almost if the similar level as compared to the February-March board examination. From marking scheme to the pattern of questions, all are followed as such in the compartment exam.
3. What if I get lower marks in any subject in improvement exam?
Answer.If you get lower marks in a subject in improvement than you previous marks will be added.
4. Will UP Board mention ‘compartment’ on a report card after clearing the compartment exam?
Answer. Yes, if you pass the compartment exam for a particular subject, then you will get an updated mark sheet mentioning “compartment pass” in front of the respective subject.
So, the candidates who failed in one or two subjects in the UP board Class 12th exam can apply for the compartment exam to improve their marks. Moreover, those who have passed the class 12th exam but are not satisfied with their marks can also apply for improvement exam. With the improvement exam, candidates get one more chance to improve their marks and score better.
UP Board Exam 2019: Sample Papers/Model Papers for All Important Subjects of Class 10
UP Board Class 12 Model Papers of all subjects for the session 2018-19