The Public Service Commission, Uttar Pradesh, shall hold a preliminary examination at various centres in the Districts mentioned in the notification for selecting suitable candidates for admission to the UP Judicial Service Civil Judge (Junior Division) Examination 2012.
Number of Post & Number of Vacancies
Civil Judge (Junior Division): 76 vacancies
- Opening date for obtaining OMR application form from post office: 31 January 2012
- Last date for sale of application form/ receipt of application: 1 March 2012 up to 5 pm
- Date for Preliminary Examination: 13 May 2012
- Bachelor of Laws of a University established by Law in UP or any other University of India recognised for this purposes by the Governor
- Must be an Advocate enrolled under the provisions of the Advocate Act 1961 or a Barrister of England or Northern Ireland or a Member Faculty of Advocates in Scotland and is entitled to practice in the Court or Courts subordinate thereto;
- Must possess thorough knowledge of Hindi in Devnagri Script
Age Limit (as on 1 July 2012): Minimum 22 years; Maximum 35 years
Pay Scale: Rs 27700-770-35090-920-40450-1080-44770
Application Fee: Rs 155 to be paid by General/ OBC of UP and all candidates of other States, and fee for SC/ ST category candidates of UP is Rs 95. The candidates need to buy OMR application form and must keep a photocopy of this form with them. They must mention their OMR form No. in the correspondence with the Commission in future.
Selection Procedure: The competitive examination comprise three successive stages viz:-
- Preliminary Examination (Objective Type & Multiple choice)
- Main Examination (Conventional Type, i.e. Written examination)
- Viva- Voce (Personality Test)
Preliminary Examination: The Preliminary examination will consist of two compulsory papers (General Knowledge 150 marks, Law 200 marks) of which answer sheet are on OMR sheets. Candidates will be given 2 hours for each paper.
Subjects for the Main (Written) Examination: The Written examination will consist of the following subjects.
- General Knowledge (200 marks)
- Language (200 marks)
- Law - I (Substantive Law) 200 marks
- Law-II (Procedure and Evidence) 200 marks
- Law-III (Penal, Revenue and Local Laws) 200 marks
Personality Test (Viva-Voce) Total Marks 100: The suitability of candidates for employment in the Uttar Pradesh, Judicial Service will be tested with reference to his merit giving due regard to his ability, character, personality, and physique.
How to Apply: Interested eligible candidates can apply through OMR application form which will be available from the Head Post Office of the Districts or from the Post Offices mentioned in the advertisement. The form complete in all respect must reach The Secretary Advt. No. A-2/E-1/2012Public Service Commission, UP Allahabad-211018 either by Registered Post or personally (by hand) before the last date.
Candidates must paste one self attested Passport Size Photograph on the application form at the space provided for the purpose, otherwise their application shall be rejected.
For more details; please CLICK HERE