UPPSC PCS Notification 2023: Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has published the notification for the Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Examination (PCS) Exam 2023 on the official website i.e. uppsc.up.nic.in. UPPSC PCS 2023 Online Application is also available on the website. The candidates are required to submit UPPSC Pre Application much before he last date i.e. 06 April 2023.
This year, the commission is filling around 173 vacancies for recruitment of Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Block Development Officer, Assistant Regional Transport Officer, Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Tax), District Commandent Homeguards, Treasury Officer/Accounts Officer (Treasury), Cane Inspector and Other Posts.
Those who successfully apply for the exam will be called to appear for UPPSC PCS Prelims Exam 2023 on 14 May 2023.
Candidates can check the other details related to UPPSC PCS Recruitment 2023 in the article given below:
UPPSC PCS Salary 2023
Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Examination carrying the pay scale as per 6th pay commission of Rs. 9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs 4600/- (except Naib Tehsildar whose grade pay is Rs. 4200/-) to Rs. 15600-39100/- Grade Pay Rs. 5400/
UPPSC PCS 2023 Overview
The candidates can check the details regarding important dates, vacancies and others related to UPPSC PCS Exam 2023 in the table below:
|Name of the Exam Body||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC)|
|Exam Name||Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Examination 2023.|
|UPPSC PCS Registration Dates||03 March to 06 April 2023|
|UPPSC PCS Pre Exam Date||14 May 2023|
|UPPSC PCS Mains Exam Date||23 September 2023|
UPPSC PCS 2023 Notification and Online Application Link
UPPSC released the detailed notification on 03 March 2023. UPPSC Pre Notification consists of the online application process, application fee, pre and mains exam details and other information.
|UPPSC PCS Notification Download||Click Here|
|UPPSC PCS Online Application Link||Click Here|
UPPSC PCS 2023 Important Dates
UPPSC has released a notification according to which the online registration begins on 03 March 2023. The candidates can check the other important details in the table below:
|UPPSC PCS Notification Release Date||03 March 2023|
|UPPSC PCS 2023 Online Application Starting Date||03 March 2023|
|UPPSC PCS 2023 Online Registration End Date||06 April 2023|
|UPPSC PCS Pre Admit Card Date 2023||May 2023|
|UPPSC Pre-Exam Date 2023||14 May 2023|
|UPPSC Pre Result Date 2023||to be announced|
|UPPSC Mains Exam Date 2023||23 September 2023|
|UPPSC Interview Date 2023||to be announced|
UPPSC PCS 2023 Vacancy Details
UPPSC has 173 vacancies for various posts. The candidates would be able to check the post details in the below
- Deputy Collector
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Block Development Officer
- Assistant Regional Transport Officer
- Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Tax)
- District Commandant Homeguards
- Treasury Officer/Accounts Officer (Treasury)
- Cane Inspector and Assistant Sugar Commissioner
- District Cane Officer U.P. Agriculture Service Group "B" (Development Branch)
- Superintendent Jail
- Manager Credit (Small Industries),
- Manager Marketing and Economic Survey (Small Industries)
- Executive Officer GradeI/Assistant Nagar Ayukta
- District Basic Education Officer/Associate DIOS & other equivalent Administrative Posts
- Assistant Director Industries (Marketing)
- Assistant Labour Commissioner
- Senior Lecturer DIET
- Assistant Commissioner Industries,
- Statistical Officer
- Assistant Accounts Officer(Treasury)
- Commercial Tax Officer
- District Minority Welfare Officer
- District Food Marketing Officer
- Executive Officer (Panchayati Raj)
- Deputy Secretary (Housing and Urban Planning)
- Area Rationing Officer
- District Backward Welfare Officer
- Naib Tehsildar
- District Saving Officer
- District Panchayat Raj Officer
- District Social Welfare Officer
- Accounts Officer (Nagar Vikas)
- District Supply Officer Grade-2
- Additional District Development Officer (Social Welfare),
- Passenger/Goods Tax Officer
- District Handicapped Welfare Officer
- Assistant District
- Employment Assistance Officer
- Accounts Officer (Local Bodies)
- Regional Employment Officer
- Assistant Registrar (Cooperative)
- Sub Registrar
- Assistant Prosecuting Officer (Transport)
- District Probation Officer
- District Administrative Officer
- District Audit Officer (Revenue Audit)
- Assistant Controller Legal Measurement (Grade-1 and Grade-2)
- District Programme Officer
- District Youth Welfare and Pradeshik Vikas Dal Officer
- LabourEnforcement Officer
- Excise Inspector
- Child Development Project Officer,
- Food safety Officer
- Deputy Jailor
- Technical Assistant (Geophysics)
- Technical Assistant (Geology)
- Management Officer/Manager (Estate Department)
- Information Officer/District Information officer
- Manager (Khadi and Village Industries)
- Officer on Special Duty (Computer) (Khadi and Village Industries)
- Law Officer
UPPSC PCS 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates can check the post-wise vacancy details below:
- Sub Registrar, Assistant Prosecuting Officer (Transport) - Bachelor's Degree in Law
- District Basik Shiksha Adhikari / Associate DIOS and Other equivalent administrative posts, District Administrative Officer - Master Degree in Any Stream.
- District Audit Officer (Revenue Audit) - Bachelor's Degree in Commerce B.Com in Any Recognized University in India.
- Assistant Controller Legal Measurement (Grade-I) / (Grade-II) Bachelor Degree in Science with Physics OR Mechanical Engineering. As one subject.
- Senior Lecturer, DIET - Master's Degree with B.Ed.
- Chemist - Master's Degree M.Sc in Organic Chemistry with 3 Years Experience.
- Officer on Special Duty Computer - Computer Engineering Degree OR First Class Master Degree with PG Diploma in Computer and 1 Year Experience.
- District Cane Officer, U.P. Agriculture Service Group "B" (Development Branch) - Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture.
- Labour Enforcement Officer - Bachelor's degree in Economics OR Sociology or commerce and Post Graduate Diploma OR Postgraduate Degree in Law / Labour relations / Labor welfare / Labor Law / Commerce / Sociology / Social work / Social welfare / Trade Management / Personnel Management.
- Management Officer / Manager Estate Department - Bachelor's Degree in Economics OR Sociology OR Commerce and PG Diploma OR PG Degree in Law / Labour Relation / Labour Welfare / Labour Law / Commerce / Sociology / Social Work / Social Welfare / Trade Management / Personnel Management.
- Technical Assistant Geophysics - Master's Degree with 50% Marks Geophysics, Applied Geophysics, Geology or applied Geology (with Physics, Mathematics at the B.Sc. Level.
- Tax Assessment Officer - Bachelor's Degree in Economics OR Commerce with 55% Marks.
18 to 40 years
UPPSC PCS 2023 Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of:
- UPPSC PCS Prelims Exam
- UPPSC PCS Mains Exam
- UPPSC PCS Interview
UPPSC PCS 2023 Prelims Exam Pattern
The prelims exam consists of two papers which shall be conducted on OMR Sheets. The total marks of the exam are 200 and two be completed in two hours. The candidates can check the details regarding the exam pattern in the table below:
Name of the Paper
Number of Questions
Paper – I: General Studies 1 (GS)
Paper – II: General Studies II (CSAT) Qualifying in Nature
UPPSC PCS Pre Syllabus 2023
The questions will be framed from the following topics in the exam:
|Current events of National and International importance|
|Indian History: Ancient, Medieval, Modern:|
|Indian and World Geography- Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World|
|Indian Governance and Polity|
|Social and Economic Development|
|Environmental Ecology, Climate Change, and Biodiversity|
UPPSC PCS 2023 Mains Exam Pattern
Candidates who qualified for the PCS prelims exam will be called to appear for the main exam. The UPPSC Mains Exam has eight papers that are descriptive in nature. It is a merit-deciding round. The marks of the main exam will be considered for the final selection of the candidates.
- General Hindi - 150 Marks
- Essay - 200 Marks
- General Studies I - 200 Marks
- General Studies II - 200 Marks
- General Studies III - 200 Marks
- General Studies IV - 200 Marks
- General Studies V- 200 Marks
- General Studies VI - 200 Marks
UPPSC PCS 2023 Interview
Those who clear the mains exam will be called for the UPPSC Personnel Interview. The Interview will be of 100 Marks
How to Apply for UPPSC PCS Recruitment 2023 ?
The candidates can apply online for the UPPSC PCS Pre Recruitment 2023 on the official website by following the steps given below:
First Step: Go to the official website and after clicking "Apply," the Candidate Registration page will appear. When you click the 'Candidate Registration' button next to Examination, the basic Registration form will appear. Candidates must double-check all of their information after completing the Basic Registration form. If any corrections or modifications are required, click the "Edit" button and make the necessary changes. When you're finished filling out all of the information, click the 'Submit' button. As a result, the first stage of registration will be completed. Following that, "Print Registration Slip" will be displayed, and you must print the Registration Slip by clicking on Print Registration Slip.
Second Step: Following the completion of the first stage procedure, the 'Fee to be deposited' will be displayed with the caption "Click here to deposit."
Third Step: After completing the second stage procedure, click on "Proceed for final submission of application form," which will display the 'format'. Candidates must fill out the form with all of the required information. The photo and signature, both duly scanned, must also be uploaded. The candidate must scan his or her photograph and signature in the appropriate size (the size will be mentioned at the specified space in the On-line application). This should also be kept in notice that the photo must be the latest passport size. In case the photo and signature, scanned in the prescribed size, are not uploaded, then the On-line system will not accept it.
- UR/EWS/OBC - Rs. 125/-
- SC/ST - Rs. 65/-
- PWD - Rs. 25/-
- Ex-Serviceman - Rs. 65/-