UPPCS Exam Syllabus 2018
Though the syllabus of UPPCS Prelims exam has not been modified, but the pattern of the exam has been shifted towards the more analysis based question since 2017.
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has changed the syllabus for the Uttar Pradesh Combined State/Upper Subordinate Exam 2018. This exam is popular as UPPCS Exam among the aspirants. The change in the UPPCS Exam pattern and syllabus is enormous because the UPPCS Preparation will have to change its orientation from objective to subjective approach.
UPPSC has introduced the negative marking of 0.33% for each wrong answer in the UPPCS Prelims Exam 2018. It means that, the General Studies Paper I has 100 questions and each question carry 2 marks. So there will be deduction of 0.66 Marks for each wrong answer.
How to Prepare Ethics for IAS Mains Exam?
UPPCS Prelims Syllabus
Though the syllabus of UPPCS Prelims exam has not been modified, but the pattern of the exam has been shifted towards the more analysis based question since 2017. In 2017, there were less number of repeated questions in the General Studies I paper which provided a level field for all the aspirants irrespective of new or old.
This year it will be a new experience for all the UPPCS aspirants and the hike in the merit due to the guess work will not be there in the UPPCS Prelims result. The negative marking will help the
General Studies (GS) I Paper:
- Current Affairs of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
General Studies II Paper:
- General English upto Class X level.
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
- General mental ability
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
UPPCS Prelims Exam 2018 Syllabus in Detail
General Studies I Paper Syllabus in detail
Current events of national and international importance:- On Current Events of National and International importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
History of India and Indian National Movement: – In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
Indian and world Geography: – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World:- In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and Governance:- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc:- In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development: – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanization. General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization. General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
General Science: – Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
General Studies II Paper Syllabus in Detail
Elementary Mathematics (Up to Class X Level):
- Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship.
- Ratio and proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound interests
- Work and Time.
- Speed, Time and Distance
Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations.
Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area.
Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves, Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
General English (Up to Class X Level):
- Active Voice and Passive Voice.
- Parts of Speech.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
- Punctuation and Spellings.
- Words Meanings.
- Vocabulary & usage.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Fill in the Blanks.
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय:हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
- शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
- संधि, समास,
- अनेकार्थी शब्द,
- विलोम शब्द,
- पर्यायवाची शब्द,
- मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
- तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
- हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
- उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ