UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2019 Notification & Apply Link: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2019 Notification as per the schedule announced in the UPSC Exam Calendar, i.e. 20 March 2019. All those who wish to appear in the exam will be able to apply online through UPSC's online application portal - upsconline.nic.in.
This year through the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2019 a total of 106 vacancies of Geologist Group A, Geophysicist Group A, Chemist Group A, Junior Hydro Geologists have been notified.
As per the calendar, the date of releasing notification is 20 March 2019 and the online application will close on 16 April 2019. The exam for the same will be held on 28 June 2019.
This year, the Government has decided to revise the exam pattern and syllabus of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2019. Now, the name of the exam has been changed to Combined Geo-Scientist Exam in place of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination. There will be three tiers in the exam which consists of Preliminary, Mains and Personality Test and Interview Round. This revised scheme will be effective from 2020 Exam.
Candidates can check the brief of UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2019 Notification here by scrolling down.
- Opening date of online application: 20 March 2019
- Last date for submission of online application: 16 April 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Geoscientist and Geologist Exam 2018
- Geologist, Group A: Master's degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology.
- Geophysicist, Group A: M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics).
- Chemist. Group A: M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry.
- Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A: Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology or Master's degree in Hydrogeology from a recognized University.
How to Apply for UPSC Geoscientist and Geologist Exam 2019
Interested candidates apply to the post through the online mode. The last date of application is 16 April 2019.