The Vinod Gupta School of Management i.e VGSOM -IIT Kharagpur, was established in 1993. It was the first management school to be set up within the IIT’s. It was initiated by a distinguished alumnus and a Life Time Fellow of the Institute, Mr. Vinod Gupta.
DETAILED PROGRAMME STRUCTURES
1. MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION [M.B.A] : This is the flagship programme of VGSOM-IIT-Kharagpur.
|1.||Admission||• Only 1st Class graduate engineers and Masters' degree holders in science, economics and commerce, intending to pursue management careers in India or abroad are eligible.
• CAT Scores for Domestic students
• GMAT Scores for International students
|2.||Course Duration||2 Years|
|3.||Fee Structure||Rs 6,97,524/- for 2 years|
|4.||Total No. Of Seats||110 -120 per Batch|
|5.||Curriculum||Courses - Supply Chain Management, Operations, Strategic Planning, Information Technology & Systems, Finance And Marketing.|
|6.||Placements||a) Records for 100%|
|7.||A Brief Placement Report for the batch 2011-13||a) Total No. Of Participating Students - 102
b) Highest CTC- Rs 18 lpa
c) Average CTC- Rs 11.20 lpa
d) Total No. Of Offers made - 109
2. Executive M.B.A : A unique 3 year programme for working executives – EXECUTIVE MBA is delivered from the Kolkata and Bhubaneswar campuses of IIT Kharagpur which leads to the degree of Master of Business Administration from IIT Kharagpur.
|1.||Admission||• Eligibility - 3 years of working experience and must be a 1st Class graduate engineers and Masters' degree holders in science, economics and commerce, intending to pursue management careers in India or abroad are eligible.|
|2.||Course Duration||3 Years|
|3.||Fee Structure||Rs 6,00,000/- for 3 years|
3. Ph.D : An advanced programme in management leading to the award of the Ph.D. degree of IIT, Kharagpur is also solicited here.
• The programme requires the candidate to take a package of compulsory courses recommended by the Doctoral Scrutiny Committee.
• The doctoral programme provides research studies in the areas of Marketing, Operations, Finance, and Strategic Management.
• Minimum qualification required for admission to the Ph.D. program is a degree in any one of the areas given below:-
• All candidates seeking admission to the Ph. D. program shall have to possess requisite marks/grades in qualifying examination as shown below:
(i) 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale) in the qualifying examination in Engineering/Science/Commerce/ Management or
(ii) 55% in Humanities or Social Sciences (or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale).
(C) Candidates for award of Institute Research Assistantship will have to possess a valid GATE score that is above the cut off level. Candidates who have merely qualified in NET examination but have not got a fellowship will not qualify for Institute Research Assistantship. Candidates with M.Tech or equivalent qualifying degree will also be given Institute Research Assistantship.
(D) IIT B.Tech.’s with CGPA >= 8.00 be given direct admission in Ph.D programme with assistantship.
4. MDP- It stands for Management Development Programme which runs according to the different & specific programmes/topics like:
• Financial Modeling
• Project Management
• Statistical Modeling
• Logistics & Supply Chain Management
• Political behaviour in Organizations
5. Short Term Courses - The School offers short duration programmes for practising managers in various functional areas. The purpose of such programmes is to provide an opportunity to executives to update their knowledge in their fields of expertise and also to help them acquire the knowledge, skills and attitude. A few of such courses is:-
• MDP on Supply Chain Management
• Short term course on ‘ Enterprise Resource Planning’
• Small Industries Management Assistant Programme (SIMAP) etc.