Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur invites applications in the prescribed format from the eligible Indian Nationals for filling up the following posts mentioned below. The candidates selected will be appointed on probation for a period of one or two years depending upon the post. The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 31 March 2014.
- Last Date of Submission of Application: 31 March 2014.
Details of Posts
(A) Officers Posts
- Registrar: 01 (One).
- Librarian: 01 (One)
- Executive Engineer: 01 (One).
- Deputy Registrar: 02 (Two)
- Assistant Registrar: 01 (One)
(B) Staff in Non Teaching Cadre in Group ‘B’ and ‘C’:
- Technical Assistant/ Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical), Technical Assistant (Library): 18 (Eighteen).
- Laboratory Assistant/ Technician/ Library Assistant: 15 (Fifteen).
- Superintendent/ Accountant: 10 (Ten)
- Junior Assistant: 17 (Seventeen)
- Masters degree in any discipline/ Library Science / Information Science with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade in the UGC 7 points scale from the recognized University / Institute required for few posts.
- First class Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject or equivalent grade in Engineering (Civil) from a recognized University / Institute required for few posts.
- Diploma in Engineering in relevant field with excellent academic record or equivalent from a recognized University / Institute required for few posts.
- Senior Secondary (10+2) from a recognized board required for few posts.
- Matriculation (10th Pass) with at least good percentage of marks from a recognized board required for few posts.
- ITI course of one year or higher duration in appropriate trade required for few posts.
Note: For details of Education and Experience the candidate must go through VNIT website www.vnit.ac.in
Age Limit & Relaxation
- Preferably below 57 Years for post 1, below 55 years for post 2, below 40 years for post 3 and below 45 years for post 4.
- Not exceeding 35 years for post 5, 30 years for post 6 & 8 and 27 years for post 7 & 9.
Pay Scale/ Emoluments
- Pay Band PB – 4 and Pay Scale of Rs. 37,400/- to Rs. 67,000/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 10,000/- Per Month for the post 1 & 2.
- Pay Band PB – 3 and Pay Scale of Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 6,600/- Per Month for the post 3, Grade Pay of Rs. 7,600/- Per Month for the post 4 and Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/- Per Month for the post 5.
- Pay Band PB – 2 and Pay Scale of Rs. 9,300/- to Rs. 34,800/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 4,200/- Per Month for the post 6, 8.
- Pay Band PB – 1 and Pay Scale of Rs. 5,200/- to Rs. 20,200/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 2,000/- Per Month for the post 7 & 9.
- Processing/ Application Fee in the form of a Demand Draft, obtained of any Nationalized Bank, of Rs. 300/- (non-refundable) for selection Procedure B (written test and interview) drawn in favour of “Director, VNIT, Nagpur” payable at Nagpur.
- For SC/ST/PWD no fee is required to be paid.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may apply in the prescribed format along with attested photocopies of relevant testimonials/ certificates relating to educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, category (SC/ ST/ OBC) and Demand Draft must reach to The Director, Visvesvaraya National Institute of technology, South Ambhazari Road, Nagpur - 440 010 on or before 05-04-2014 at 5.00 P. M.
- Candidates already employed in Central Govt./ State Govt./ Public Sector Undertakings (PSU)/ Departmental candidates should submit their applications through proper channel.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test followed by the Interview, which will be conducted by the administration.