West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) invited applications for recruitment to the post of Medical Officer. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 7 January 2014.
Last Date for receipt of Application Forms:7January 2014
Details of Post
Name of the Post: Medical Officer
Name of the Specialty:
• Radiology: 10 Posts
• Anaesthesia: 10 Posts
• Pathology: 10 Posts
• Orthopaedics: 6 Posts
• Surgery: 5 Posts
• Medicine: 8 Posts
• Obstetrics & Gynaecology: 03 Posts
• Paediatrics: 5 Posts
• Ophthalmology: 4 Posts
• ENT: 4 Posts
• Cardiology: 1 Post
• Haematology: 1 Post
• Oncology: 1 Post
• Oncosurgery: 1 Post
• Neurology: 1 Post
Total No .of Posts: 70
• Candidate’s age should not be Greater than 40 years as on 1 January 2013.
• Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. rule.
• Any of the Medical qualifications included in the First or Second Schedule or Part–II of the Third Schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102 of 1956).
• Registration as Medical Practitioner in West Bengal.
• Recognised Post-Graduate qualifications in a particular speciality or equivalent.
• Candidates have to pay application fee of Rs. 210/-only by Indian Postal Order to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal, or by a receipted Challan from a Govt. Treasury in West Bengal or the Reserve Bank of India, Kolkata under the head “0051-00-105-State PSC Examination fees-001-Examination fees-16 other fees”. The Postal Orders should be made payable at G.P.O., Kolkata.
• Candidates belonging to S.C./S.T. of West Bengal and Persons with Disabilities are exempted from payment of fees.
Pay Scale: Rs.15600 to 42000/-+Grade Pay Rs.5400/-+E.S.I.allowance, non-practicing allowance and certain admissible allowances as per rules.
Selection will be made on the basis of performance in Screening Test/Written Test and interview.
How to Apply
• Candidates may apply through prescribed application format.
• Fill the form with given mandatory details, affix recent passport size photograph and send it, along with Madhyamik or equivalent certificate, S.C./S.T./O.B.C.(category ‟A‟ or„B‟)/Persons with Disability certificate, Registration certificate for citizenship (if by registration), Mark-sheet and certificate for each examination passed, Registration certificate as Medical Practitioner & Experience certificate to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal, 161-A, S.P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata–700026 so as to reach on or before 7 January 2014.