A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our World This Week.
16 May 2011
• India and Uzbekistan signed an action plan on tourism cooperation in New Delhi.
• NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) launched Space Shuttle, Endeavour from the Kennedy Space Centre, Florida for its final mission.
17 May 2011
• India asked Sri Lanka to probe human rights violations.
• World Bank report stated that India would be among six nations to dominate global economic growth by 2025.
18 May 2011
• The United States imposed sanctions on Syrian President Basher al-Assad and six other top aides for human rights abuses.
• The Working group of NAC Drafted note on Land Acquisition.
• India and Uzbekistan declared strategic partnership.
19 May 2011
• Japan agreed to sign the international treaty, the Hague Convention on International Child Abduction.
20 May 2011
• Delegations of India and Pakistan met in Rawalpindi from 20-21 May 2011 to discuss the Sir Creek issue.
• Inaugural Session of the Senior Officials’ meeting of the Second India Africa Forum Summit held in Addis Ababa.
21 May 2011
• Japan, South Korea and China agreed to set up an early warning system to alert each other of emergencies at nuclear facilities.
22 May 2011
• The Australian Climate Commission warned that the world’s sea levels could increase by 1 metre by the end of the century.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .