A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our World This Week.
22 August 2011
• The UN Human Rights Council ordered an investigation into violations committed by the Syrian regime during its crackdown on popular protests.
23 August 2011
• North Korea Seized All South Korean Assets at a Jointly Run Resort.
• An earthquake of magnitude 5.9 and centered in Virginia shook much of Washington, D.C. USA.
• Sexual-assault case against former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn was dismissed by Justice Michael J. Obus of State Supreme Court in Manhattan.
24 August 2011
• India Signed Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) with Georgia.
• North Korea Agreed to Start International Talks on Denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula.
• Senegal's Lamine Diack was reelected unopposed as president of the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF).
25 August 2011
• Saudi Arabia Offered Additional 10000 seats for Haj 2011 to India.
26 August 2011
• The Australian and British Geologists Found Evidence of the Oldest Known Fossils of Life on Earth.
• Prime Minister of Japan Naoto Kan announced his resignation after almost 15 months in office.
27 August 2011
• Scientists Discovered a Cheap and Effective Way to Prevent Transmission of Dengue Fever.
28 August 2011
• A group of researchers from Canada’s Dalhousie University estimated that 8.7 million species exist on Earth.
• Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull returned to the highest step of the podium for the first time in four races after he won the Belgian Grand Prix.
• Maoists Vice-Chairman Baburam Bhattarai was elected Nepal's 35th prime minister.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .