A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our World This Week.
• Winner of several prestigious literary awards Chilean poet Gonzalo Rojas expired.
• Anti-government protests in Syria intensified.
• China unveiled details of an ambitious new space station to be built in orbit within a decade
• USA signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Defence Research and Development Organization, DRDO to deal with the menace of terrorism.
• Russia proposed a plan to strengthen safety standards in nuclear power plants.
• India, Sri Lanka and Maldives Agreement to Keep their Seas Free from Pirates.
• Bapineuzumab jab, the Vaccine to Cure Alzheimer was developed.
• Pro-democracy Protesters Sentenced to death in Bahrain.
• Cairo on Thursday refusing to compensate Tel Aviv for the losses it suffered due to an explosion, a day earlier, of a gas pipeline close to its border.
• Tension grew between the Government and Christian Movement in China.
• Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin appointed Vladimir Popovkin, formerly First Deputy Defense Minister, as head of the Russian space agency Roscosmos.
• Saif al-Arab Gaddafi, the youngest son of Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, and three of his grandchildren have been killed in a NATO air strike
• Libyan Strongman Muammar Gaddafi’s Son Killed in NATO Strike.
• Pope Benedict XVI beatified the late Pope John Paul II at St. Peter's Square
• Lee Chong Wei became the first winner of the $200,000 India Open Super Series badminton championship at the Siri Fort Sports Complex by defeating Peter Gade.
• Protests in Maldives against its President Mohamad Nasheed.
• Novak Djokovic won the third edition of Serbia Open by defeating Spaniard Feliciano Lopez.
• Bin Laden was killed after a gunbattle with Navy SEALs and CIA paramilitary forces at a compound in the city of Abbottabad in Pakistan.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .