A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our World This Week.
• South Pacific island nation Samoa, currently positioned to the east of the International Date Line decided to forego a day (28 December 2011) and shift to the time zone on its west.
• IMF projected Economic growth rate for India for the year 2011 from 8.2 percent to 8 percent.
• Iran agreed to initiate talks with 6 big nations on controversial nuclear programme.
• European Union banned the export of weapons to Syria.
• Cricket committee of the International Cricket Council recommended the use of the controversial Decision Review System (DRS) in all international matches.
• WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was awarded the Sydney Peace Prize’s Gold Medal for exceptional courage in pursuit of human rights.
• America and China concluded two-day strategic and economic dialogue.
• India ratified United Nations Convention against Corruption and the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organised Crime and its three protocols.
• India Pakistan Resumed Dialogue on Tulbul Project after a gap of four years.
• Iran Received a New Shipment of Nuclear Fuel from Russia.
• India and Columbia signed double taxation avoidance agreement (DTAA).
• Michel Joseph Martelly took the oath of president of Haiti.
• Australia won the Sulan Azlan Cup Hockey tournament for the sixth time by defeating Pakistan.
• IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn, widely expected to run for the French Presidency in 2012 arrested here over an alleged sex attack on a hotel maid.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .