Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) exam was conducted on 4th January 2015. XAT Exam 2015 Analysis has been done by the experts here, it will help you in identifying ho wyou did or should do in next XAT Exam.
Let us know what did XAT 2015 had in store, now that exam is done:
- XAT 2015 had more number of questions than asked in earlier XAT Exams.
- XAT 2015 had questions from topics which had become redundant in past few years.
- There was a sectional cut off as well making every section important to be attempted and managing the time well.
- XAT has placed a question on inferring the last sentence of paragraph which so far used to appear in CAT.
- XAT 2015 had 114 MCQ type questions. The test paper was divided in 2 parts.
Part one had 3 sections and aspirants were given 2 hours and 20 minutes to attempt thi part-
- Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning: 28 questions
- Decision making: 23 questions
- Quant & DI: 33 questins
The second part had 30 GK MCQ type questions and an essay writing topic. Aspirants were given 40 minutes to attempt this part. GK section question marks will not be added for percentile calculation.
Overall XAT Exam level: Moderate to Difficult
Sections and Difficulty: A few question sets in Decision Making and Data Interpretation were tricky and time consuming. Verbal Ability Questions were also doable although questions on RC passages were a bit more difficult. Quantitative Aptitude was doable with a few questions coming under difficult questions.
XAT 2015 Essay Topic: Listening is a dying Art, we only listen to reply and revert and not to listen.