The 10th Asian film awards were presented on 17 March 2016 in Macau, China. 'The Assassin', a movie about a highly trained female assassin bagged prizes for, best actress and best director.
The movie took home more than half of the prizes, eight out of 15 trophies, at one of Asia's leading film awards.
Hong Kong Action Choreographer-director Yuen Wo-ping and Japanese Actress Kiki Kirin received the Lifetime Achievement Award on the occasion.
List of winners of the 10th Asian Film Awards
• Best Film: The Assassin
• Best Director: Hou Hsiao-Hsien for The Assassin
• Best Actor: Lee Byung-hun for The Inside Men
• Best Actress: Shu Qi for The Assassin
• Best Newcomer: Jessie Li for Port of Call
• Best Supporting Actor: Tadanobu Asano for Journey to the Shore
• Best Supporting Actress: Zhou Yun for The Assassin
• Best Screenplay: Jia Zhangke for Mountains May Depart
• Best Cinematography: Mark Lee Ping-bing for The Assassin
• Best Production Design: Hwarng Wern-ying for The Assassin
• Best Original Music: Lim Giong for The Assassin
• Best Editing: William Chang Suk-ping, Chu Ka-yat, Liao Ching-sung, Wong Hoi, Philip Yung for Port of Call
• Best Visual Effects: Prasad Sutar for Bajirao Mastani
• Best Costume Design: Lee Ji-yeon and Shim Hyun-seob for The Throne
• Best Sound: Chu Shih-yi, Tu Duu-chih and Wu Shu-yao for The Assassin
• Lifetime Achievement Award: Yuen Wo-ping and Kirin Kiki
Asian Film Awards (AFA)
Inaugurated in 2007, the Asian Film Awards (AFA) celebrates excellence in Asian cinema through the annual presentation of awards to the many diverse talents and films that make up the dynamic film industries of the region.
Held in Hong Kong for seven years, the 8th moved to one of Asia’s fastest growing entertainment hubs, Macau.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.