The 11th World Hindi Conference was inaugurated in Mauritius on August 18, 2018 with the theme ‘Hindi World and Indian Culture’.
The three-day conference was inaugurated by the Prime Minister of Mauritius, Praveen Kumar Jagannath in Port Louis. Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and other ministers attended the event.
The main objective of the three-day conference was to connect Hindi language with culture to spread and popularise it in the entire world.
• In a first, a special flight was arranged for official delegates. Around 290 delegates arrived at Port Louis on August 17.
• This is the first time that representatives from all 29 states and Union Territories of Delhi, Chandigarh and Puducherry will be attending the conference.
• The delegates from India and across the globe emphasised on the need of developing software for Hindi which can be made available to common people on a reasonable price.
• The eminent scholars stressed upon on refinement of the Hindi language by making it simple and interesting.
• The discussions participants also suggested that besides Devanagari, scripts of foreign languages can also be used to teach Hindi in abroad.
• On the second day of the conference deliberations on relations of Culture and Language with films, media and literature were held in four sessions.
• Renowned Hindi lyricist, screenwriter and poet Prasoon Joshi and other eminent scholars from India and Mauritius presided over these sessions.
The conference was started in 1975 to make the Hindi language a medium of service and knowledge and enable it to move forward with the time.
Since then, Hindi has made remarkable progress and it has become one of the prominent languages of the world.
Mauritius would be hosting the conference for the third time. It was first hosted by the nation in 1976 and then in 1993.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
What: To begin
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider