A Life in Diplomacy authored by MK Rasgotra
The book provides a ringside view of the beginnings of ethnic violence in Sri Lanka, the last years of the Cold War, Indira Gandhi's assassination and the Bhopal gas disaster.
A Life in Diplomacy: Maharajakrishna Rasgotra
The book titled A Life in Diplomacy was in news in the third week of June 2016. The book was written by former Indian diplomat Maharajakrishna Rasgotra.
It is an insider's account of the personalities and policies that shaped Indian diplomacy.
The book provides a ringside view of the beginnings of ethnic violence in Sri Lanka, the last years of the Cold War, the negotiations on the formation of SAARC, Indira Gandhi's assassination and the Bhopal gas disaster.
Who is Maharajakrishna Rasgotra?
• He joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1949 and rose up to the rank of Foreign Secretary.
• In a long and distinguished career, he held several important posts in Indian diplomatic missions abroad and in the Ministry of External Affairs.
• For over three decades Rasgotra's assignments took him to Nepal, Britain and France, among other countries, as well as twice to the United States.
• He also worked as the Chairman of the National Security Advisory Board between 2005 and 2007.
• His other books include – America in the Asian Century, The New Asian Power Dynamic and Science and Technology in China: Implications and Lessons for India.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App