A.B. Pandya appointed as the Chairman of Central Water Commission
Ashwin B. Pandya appointed as the Chairman of the Central Water Commission & ex-officio Secretary of the Government of India.
Ashwin B. Pandya on 15 May 2014 was appointed as the Chairman of the Central Water Commission & ex-officio Secretary of the Government of India. He was holding the additional charge of the post since November 2013.
About Ashwin B. Pandya
• Pandya joined the Central Water Engineering Service in CWC in October, 1977 as Assistant Director
• In his professional career of 36 year, Pandya has heed held various positions in the Department and organisations under the Ministry of Water Resources like WAPCOS, NWDA and NPCC
He has served few institutes and organisations as its President, they are
• Indian Water Resources Society
• Indian Association of Hydrologists
• Indian Society of Rock Mechanics and Tunneling Technology
About Central Water Commission (CWC)
Central Water Commission is a technical organization of India in the field of water resources. At present it is functioning as an attached office of the Ministry of Water Resources, Government of India. The Commission is entrusted for some general responsibilities like initiating, coordinating and furthering in consultation of the State Governments concerned, schemes for control, conservation and utilization of water resources throughout the country, for purpose of Flood Control, Irrigation, Navigation, Drinking Water Supply and Water Power Development. It also undertakes the investigations, construction and execution of any such schemes as required.
Mission statement of CWC is to promote integrated and sustainable development and management of India’s water resources by using state-of-the-art technology and competency and by coordinating all stakeholders.