The Asian Hockey Federation (AHF) on 21 February 2017 confirmed the appointment of Abhijit Sarkar as its new Vice Chairman.
Sarkar was also appointed the Chairman of the AHF Commercial and TV Committee with immediate effect.
The decision to appoint Sarkar was taken after an Executive Board Meeting held on 7 February 2017.
Sarkar has been associated with the Sahara India Pariwar since 2004. He has also served as the Head of Corporate Communications, Corporate Affairs and Relations, and the Sports Division at Sahara India Pariwar.
About Asian Hockey Federation
• The Asian Hockey Federation is the governing body for the sport of field hockey in Asia.
• At present, it has 30 member associations.
• It is affiliated to the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
• The current president of AHF is Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah.
• The legislative body of the AHF is the AHF Executive Board.
• The Executive Board manages the affairs of the federation, implements the decisions of the AHF Congress, supervises the AHF CEO and professional staff, and appoints the AHF Committees.
• The Executive Board is made up of 19 members, including the President, Honorary Treasurer, six Vice-Presidents (including one female Vice-President and one Vice-President from the country hosting the Asian Games) and 10 ordinary members as well as the AHF CEO.
Who: Abhijit Sarkar
When: 21 February 2017