Roger Federer on 28 December 2013 announced that Stefan Edberg, the former Swedish tennis player will join his coaching team in 2014.
Stefan Edberg will join the long-time coach Severin Luthi as part of his team before the start of first grand slam (Australian Open) in 2014. Edberg will train to Federer for a short period of time across the year and Luthi the person who is training Federer for past 7 years will coach him for the most time.
Edberg who will coach Rogar Federer in January 2014 has been his childhood hero. Federer, who is the 17 times major winner ranks at sixth position at present.
• Stefan Bengt Edberg was born on 19 January 1966
• He is a former world no. 1 professional tennis player in both singles and doubles from Sweden
• From 1985 to 1996, Edberg had won six grand slam singles title and three grand slams in double titles, which includes Australian Open in 1985 and 1987, Wimbledon in 1988 and 1990 and US Opens in 1991 and 1992
• He was a part of the Swedish Davis Cup winning team for four times
• He has won the Masters Grand Prix
• He has won four Masters Series titles and four Championship Series titles
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group