Actor Richard Griffiths, the renowned Vernon Dursley of Harry Potter died on 28 March 2013 at University Hospital in Coventry, central England. His age was 65 years. He died because of complications in the heart surgery.
About Richard Griffiths
• Richard Griffiths was born in North Yorkshire in 1947.
• Richard Griffiths was most popularly known for his role of Vernon Dursley in the Harry Potter movies as well as Uncle Monty in Withnail and I.
• He played some other popular roles as Henry Crabbe in Pie in the Sky and King George II in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
• He also played roles in TV, including a role of cookery-loving detective in Pie in the Sky.
• He also held stage performances, among which the best one was as the charismatic teacher Hector in The History Boys by Alan Bennett.
• He achieved a very rare double of Tony Award in New York as well as an Olivier Award in London.
• He also appeared in series like The Sweeney and Bergerac and Minder.
• He played small roles in movies such as Superman II, Chariots of Fire and Gandhi.
• In 2008, he was appointed as an OBE for New Year Honours for his contribution to drama.
• Among his most recent roles was his appearance in drama Private Peaceful. He played the role of The Colonel in the drama.