Actress Billie Whitelaw of England died at age of 82
Actress Billie Whitelaw was died, who was famous for her roles as Mrs Baylock in horror film The Omen.
Actress Billie Whitelaw of England died in London on 21 December 2014. She was 82. She was famous for her roles as Mrs Baylock in horror film The Omen.
Billie Whitelaw was famous for her roles on both stage and screen. She played a starring role as Violet Kray in The Krays and recently she appeared in comedy Hot Fuzz.
About Billie Whitelaw
• Whitelaw was born in Coventry, England in 1932.
• She made her first stage appearance in Bradford in a performance of Pink String and Sealing Wax at age 18 in 1950.
• She made her film debut in The Sleeping Tiger (1954) and performed roles in Carve Her Name With Pride (1958) and Hell Is a City (1960).
• She won BAFTA award as Best Actress in a Supporting Role in Charlie Bubbles in 1967 and also another BAFTA award for her role as sensuous mother of college student Hayley Mills in Twisted Nerve in 1969.
• She also won a BAFTA award as Best Actress for her performance in The Sextet in 1972.
• She acted in films the Last, Start the Revolution without Me, Gumshoe and the Alfred Hitchcock thriller Frenzy.
• She also appeared in many television series includes long-running BBC1 police series, Dixon of Dock Green (1955), as Mary Dixon, daughter of George (Jack Warner).