A committee set up by the Union Government said that the Delhi government splurged the exchequer's money on advertisements projecting Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his party that violated Supreme Court guidelines.
The three-member panel headed by former Chief Election Commissioner BB Tandon has asked the Delhi government to reimburse the money expenditure since the violation of the Supreme Court order of 13 May 2015, has taken place. The other two members of the panel were adman Piyush Pandey and journalist Rajat Sharma. The violations shown by the panel includes
• Outstation advertisements
• Advertisements for self-glorification and to target political opponents
• Advertisements against media
• Advertisements mentioning the party in power by name
• Advertisements issued on incidents occurring in other states
The committee was constituted by the Information and Broadcasting Ministry on the directions of the Supreme Court to address issues related to Content Regulation in Government Advertising.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App