Ajay Maken and C P Joshi Resigned from the Union Cabinet
Union Ministers, CP Joshi and Ajay Maken resigned from their offices of Government of India to work for the party ahead of 2014 Lok Sabha Election.
CP Joshi and Ajay Maken on 15 June 2013 resigned from Union Cabinet of India. Before resignation, CP Joshi was handling the portfolio of Union Ministry of Railways as well as Transport and Highways Ministry and Ajay Maken was handling the portfolio of Union Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation Ministry. Their resignation was accepted by the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee on 16 June 2013.
About CP Joshi
• CP Joshi is the Member of Parliament of India from Bhilwara, Rajasthan in the 15th Lok Sabha
• For his first term in the Indian Parliament, in May 2009 he was appointed as the Union Minister for Rural Development and Panchayti Raj
• In September 2012, for the first time Joshi took an additional charge of the Railway Ministry after the exit of Mukul Roy of Trinamool Congress. He was the first minister from Congress after 17 years to handle railway portfolio after C.K. Jaffer Sharief (1991-95).
• Elected MLA from Nathdwara Assembly (1980 and 1985, 1998 and 2003)
• He served as the cabinet minister of the state in 1998 and since then handled key portfolios like Panchayti Raj, Education, Rural Development, Public Health Engineering, Policy Planning, and Information Technology
• In 2003, he was appointed as the President of the Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee
• He is the second person in the history of India to lose an assembly election by one vote after A. R. Krishnamurthy in 2004 election in Karnataka from Santhemarahalli constituency
• He has been a member of the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly for four terms and has represented his native town Nathdwara
• Joshi is also the President of Rajasthan Cricket Association
About Ajay Maken
• Ajay Maken is the Member of Parliament of India from New Delhi constituency of Delhi
• In October 2012, Maken was alleviated as Union Cabinet Minister for Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation
• In 1985, he was elected as the President of Delhi University Students Union (DUSU)
• In January 2011, he was appointed as the Union Minister of State (independent Charge) Youth Affairs and Sports
• In May 2009, he was appointed as the Union Minister of State, Home Affairs
• In January 2006, Union Minister of State, Urban Development
• In 2003 he served as a Speaker to Delhi Legislative Assembly
The duo was elevated as General Secretaries of the party along with Ambika Soni and Gurudas Kamat, while Ghulam Nabi Azad and Oscar Fernandes were dropped.
हिंदी में पढ़ें- अजय माकन ने केंद्रीय मंत्रिपरिषद से इस्तीफा दिया