Indian-American Ajaypal Singh Banga was on 5 February 2015 appointed as the Member of the Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations (ACTPN), a key administration position in the United States (US).
His appointment was announced by the US President Barack Obama. Presently, Banga is President and CEO of MasterCard since 2009.
Ajaypal Singh Banga
• Banga did his graduation from St. Stephen's College, Delhi University and MBA from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad.
• Banga began his career at Nestle India where he served in various sales and management roles from 1981 to 1994.
• He served as Director for Marketing and Business Development at PepsiCo Restaurants International India from 1994 to 1996.
• Currently, he is also the Chairman of the US-India Business Council (USIBC) representing more than 300 of the largest global companies investing in India.
• Banga is also a member of Board of Directors of The Dow Chemical Company, Member of the Council on Foreign Relations and Member of International Business Council of the World Economic Forum.
Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations (ACTPN)
• The Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations (ACTPN) of US was created through the US Trade Act of 1974.
• It is an advisory committee for the United States Trade Representative (USTR). USTR is part of the Executive Office of the President.
• ACTPN is the US president’s private-sector advisory panel on international trade and helps him to coordinate trade related policies and resolve disagreements.
Who: Ajaypal Singh Banga
When: 5 February 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.