All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi on 17 January 2017 signed three Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs). The three MoUs have a cumulative net worth of Rs 7670 crore.
The signing ceremony was presided over by Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda and Union Minister for Urban Development, Urban Poverty Alleviation and Information and Broadcasting Venkaiah Naidu.
On this occasion, both the ministers also presented All India Institute of Medical Sciences Leadership Excellence awards.
Details related to MoUs
• All India Institute of Medical Sciences signed the Memorandums of Understanding with NBCC (India) Limited, HSCC (India) Limited and HITES HLL Life Care Ltd.
• The Memorandums of Understanding seek to expand infrastructure and other facilities in the AIIMS, New Delhi with an investment of Rs 7670 crore.
• This is the largest ever health sector investment commitments made by government in a public health project at one event.
• The MoU with NBCC is of worth Rs 4441 crore. The amount will be utilized for construction of 3060 residential apartments at Ayur Vigyan Nagar campus and 868 apartments at West Ansari Nagar campus.
• The total augmentation of 3928 units would take the total available residential units of AIIMS to 4505.
• The detailed proposal will be prepared after wide consultations and deliberations by a broad based committee of faculty.
• The agreement with HLL Infra Tech Services Limited (HITES) is of worth Rs 729 crore
• The amount will be utilised to procure all types of medical equipment and services including Medical Gas distribution System, CSSD, Modular Operation Theatres for National Cancer Institute.
• HSCC was also selected as a project management consultant for the design, tendering, supervision of engineering components and for equipment procurement and allied infrastructure works for the proposed National Cardiovascular Institute (NCVI) at the AIIMS second campus at Jhajjar.
Where: New Delhi
When: 17 January 2017