Amitabh Harivansh Bachchan was on 2 February 2016 presented with the lifetime achievement award in New Delhi.
He received the honour at NDTV Indian of the Year Awards for his contribution to the film industry.
About Amitabh Harivansh Bachchan
• He was born on 11 October 1942.
• He is an Indian film actor. He first gained popularity in the early 1970s as the angry young man of Hindi cinema.
• He started his career in 1969 film Saat Hindustani followed by Anand, Guddi, Zanjeer, Sholay among others.
• He also made his Hollywood debut with Baz Luhrmann's film The Great Gatsby, in which he played a Jewish character.
• He won numerous major awards in his career, including three National Film Awards as Best Actor.
• He shares a record with Kamal Hassan and Mammootty.
• He won a number of awards at international film festivals and award ceremonies and fifteen Filmfare Awards.
• He is the most-nominated performer in any major acting category at Filmfare, with 39 nominations overall.
• Apart from National Film Awards, Filmfare Awards and other competitive awards which he won for his performances throughout the years, he has been awarded several honours for his achievements in the Indian film industry.
• In 1991, he became the first artist to receive the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award which was established in the name of Raj Kapoor.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Amitabh Bachchan
Where: New Delhi
When: 2 February 2016