Anand Kumar, the founder of Super30 got Ramanujan Mathematics award
Anand Kumar, founder of Super30 classes was conferred with 2014 Ramanujan Mathematics Award at the Eighth National Mathematics Convention in Rajkot.
Anand Kumar, a mathematician and founder of Super30 classes was conferred with the 2014 Ramanujan Mathematics Award in Rajkot on 27 January 2014. The award was given to him at the Eighth National Mathematics Convention organised in Rajkot.
As award, he was presented a cash award of 20000 rupees by the Pitamber Patel, an Atomic scientist and JJ Rawal, a scientist.
About Ramanujan Mathematics Award
• Ramanujan Mathematics Award is an annual award that is given to a person who has at least three papers published in international journals and is involved in teaching mathematics.
• Ramanujan Prize was first awarded in 2005 to Marcelo Viana from Brazil
• Other Indian to be awarded with the prize is Ramdorai Sujatha, India in 2006
About Anand Kumar
• Anand is a native of Bihar and a founder of an institution named Super30
• In 2010, Anand Kumar won the Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad Shiksha Puraskar that is the highest award by the Government of Bihar
• Mathematical Spectrum and Mathematical Gazette of the UK has published a number of papers of Anand Kumar. During graduation, Kumar submitted papers on Number Theory, which were published in Mathematical Spectrum and The Mathematical Gazette
• Three times, Kumar has been invited jointly by the Mathematical Association of America and the American Mathematical Society to present his papers
• Super30 was established in 2002 in Patna, Bihar under the banner of Ramanujan School of Mathematics by Anand Kumar. The institution gives free residential mentoring to 30 selected students from underprivileged families to appear in the entrance exam of IIT-JEE. Super30 as an institution that has achieved international recognition for social awakening
• Time Magazine selected Super30 in the list of the Best of Asia 2010
• It was included in the list of four most innovative schools in the world by the Newsweek Magazine