State government of Andhra Pradesh on 29 May 2015 issued orders to bring 16 sectors under Schedule III of the AP Infrastructure Development Enabling Act (APIDEA), 2001 with an aim to develop infrastructure in public private partnership (PPP) mode.
This order was issued by the Infrastructure and Investment Department to facilitate the government to extend Swiss Challenge method to award infrastructure project in these 16 sectors.
The sectors which have been included to be developed under Swiss Challenge method are
• Telecommunications and broadband internet services
• Power generation, transmission and distribution including renewable energy projects
• Highway projects including housing or other activities being an integral part of high way project, transport terminus and depots
• Railway systems
• Urban transit projects, ports and inland ports, airports
• Urban development projects including smart city and educational institutions
Swiss Challenge method
Swiss Challenge Approach means a Private Sector Participant (Original Project Proponent) submits an unsolicited or suo-motu proposal and draft contract principles for undertaking a project, not already initiated by the Government Agency or the Local Authority. The Government Agency or the Local Authority then invites competitive counter proposals in such manner as may be prescribed by the Government.
Proprietary information contained in the original proposal shall remain confidential and will not be disclosed.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 29 May 2015