Anam Ramnarayana Reddy, the Finance Minister of Andhra Pradesh on 18 March 2013 presented the budget for the year 2013-14 to the Andhra Pradesh legislature.
Budget 2013-14 of Andhra Pradesh at a Glance
• For the financial year 2013-14, government proposes an expenditure of 161348 crores Rupees. Non-plan expenditure is estimated at 101926 crores Rupees and Plan expenditure at 59422 crores Rupees.
• The estimated revenue surplus is 1023 crores Rupees and fiscal deficit is estimated at 24487 crores Rupees at 2.85 percent of GSDP
• First ever exclusive Agriculture action plan was presented to the Legislature.
• The revised estimates of 2012-13 indicate a revenue surplus of 1685 crores against the budgeted revenue surplus of 4444 crores Rupees. The fiscal deficit is estimated at.21129 crores Rupees which would be 2.86% of GSDP.
• The Gross State Domestic Product of Andhra Pradesh (GSDP) at current prices for the year 2012-13 as per the Advance estimates is 738497 crores rupees - an increase of 12.72 percent over the quick estimate of the GSDP of the previous year.
• The interest subvention scheme of Vaddileni Runalu is launched for the benefit of the farmers. An allocation of 500 crores rupees is made in the budget.
• A provision of 6128 crores rupees is proposed in year 2013-14 for Agriculture and Allied Sectors.
• The allocation for Social Welfare department is 4122 crores rupees in 2013-14. The allocation has been increased by 1445 crores Rupees over 2677 Rupees crores allocated in the year 2012-13.
• Five Districts i.e. Rangareddy, Hyderabad, East Godavari, Ananthapur and Chittoor are selected for implementation Aadhar Enabled Payment of all benefits in the first phase.
• Under the economic support schemes, Government is implementing the SC action plan so as to provide assistance to 66213 beneficiaries with an outlay of 423.86 crores rupees.
• For improving health infrastructure in tribal areas, Government have sanctioned buildings for (59) PHCs, (238) Sub-Centres and (19) CHNCs with a cost of 45.97 crore Rupees under NRHM.